Baraz

Tipping Points tips (The East Wind campaign)

If you are reading this, it may be because you have googled after being repeatedly splattered near the end of the mission Tipping Point

It is normal.  So here are my short, to the point, tips after doing it a few times. 

PROBLEM : the mortar fire zeroes-in on the player character (not on your squad mates running wildly over the hill :P) no matter if you hide, are behind elevated terrain and even if you have not fired a single shot.  It is not the realistic style of the rest of the game, in the sense there are no spotters, so you cannot hide from it.  If you stop, you die. 

SOLUTION : you must run or evade the shells until you pass the valley low-point, which means near the other hill side where the paratroopers dropped.  Once you notice the mortar shelling stop (that part makes sense, as the shells would land near the paratrooper drop-zone) you can enact vengeance on the paratroopers!  If you are an excellent mover-shooter, you can also try to shoot a bit then move to evade the mortars, but the chances of surviving are slim (as you wish).   

Personally, I ran on the left side near the water, so I was not gunned down by the para (but my entire squad was butchered).  Following them to suicide in very honorable, but not too bright. 

COMMENT : Of course, the mortar fire always trying to hit the player was not immersive and does not fit the rest of the game which is praised for its more realistic style.  It felt like the game was cheating (instead of just being hardcore or tough), but just get passed it: I found the rest of the campaign really cool. 

Is this the last mission from Survive?

My squad was all dead before we had to run away. I didn't fight the paratroopers. I just ran along the water front, over the rocks and reached Miller in his boat without a single fight.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 10:14 AM, cozza said:

Is this the last mission from Survive?

My squad was all dead before we had to run away. I didn't fight the paratroopers. I just ran along the water front, over the rocks and reached Miller in his boat without a single fight.

Sounds right. Best intuitive way, otherwise you die non stop.  I fought the paras just out of anger 'cause they killed my squad.

There is no reason to care for the squad in this mission. They are way too slow and behave like idiots. Best to just ignore them, as they aren't taken over into future operations anyway.