SNAFU

Trouble with generating layers [PLEASE HELP]

Hello,

I am experiencing great difficulty with bulldozer. I am running a 40960 map, with all Sat map, Normal map and Mask maps each cut into four 20480 .BMP files. I assume I have properly setup my layers.cfg as well, however will post all needed data.

My map frame properties:

8d473907a210968289a263d5a0d1b35c.png

90c5676fc8eb288ebffe49360d5bcafc.png

b22a8f65112709d672c7f3dcb6ad1a00.png

My layers.cfg:

class Layers
{

class tk_hlina
  {
    texture = "Chernarus_Reimagined\data\tk_hlina_mco.paa";
    material="Chernarus_Reimagined\data\tk_hlina.rvmat";
  };

class al_gras
  {
    texture = "Chernarus_Reimagined\data\al_gras_mco.paa";
    material="Chernarus_Reimagined\data\al_gras.rvmat";
  };

class cr_les1
  {
    texture = "Chernarus_Reimagined\data\cr_les1_mco.paa";
    material="Chernarus_Reimagined\data\cr_les1.rvmat";
  };

};

class Legend
{
  picture="Chernarus_Reimagined\source\mapLegend.png";
  class Colors
  {
    /// color names should correspond to surface layer names
	al_gras[]={{0,0,255}}; 
	tk_hlina[]={{254,0,0}};
	cr_les1[]={{0,255,1}};

};
};

When I go into Bulldozer, I am hit with: "Cannot load texture chernarus_reimagined|data|layers\s_000_000_ico.paa."

I can not fathom what is causing this problem and would appreciate any help you lovely people can give me.

Thanks in advamce,

H.

Texture layer should be 32 x 32 or 40 x 40.

Also delete everything in your data\layers\ folder before exporting layers. Do that every time you do layers!

In your layers.cfg you don't need anything for texture, its left over crap. So just use

texture = "";

In future to save you typing in there

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoF said:

Texture layer should be 32 x 32 or 40 x 40.

Also delete everything in your data\layers\ folder before exporting layers. Do that every time you do layers!

In your layers.cfg you don't need anything for texture, its left over crap. So just use

texture = "";

In future to save you typing in there

Okay, I changed it, yet it still presents me with the same error. Any ideas why?

17 minutes ago, SNAFU said:

Okay, I changed it, yet it still presents me with the same error. Any ideas why?

Did you re export your layers? Delete the one's in the layer folder first!

Just now, RoF said:

Did you re export your layers? Delete the one's in the layer folder first!

I did remove the layers, and I just re-exported again after deleteing another set. Yet the same error passists. Banging my in, man.

You sure you deleting the 1000s of files and not just the ones in rasters? Also make sure everything is within the map frame, right click them in rasters and check coords are correct

Also you said you are using 4 x 20480 files for sat map. But in your samplers you have it set to 20480, instead of 40960...

51 minutes ago, RoF said:

You sure you deleting the 1000s of files and not just the ones in rasters? Also make sure everything is within the map frame, right click them in rasters and check coords are correct

Also you said you are using 4 x 20480 files for sat map. But in your samplers you have it set to 20480, instead of 40960...

Trying this now. Thank you.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by SNAFU
ttt

2 hours ago, RoF said:

Nope. Still got the same issue, exact missing texture too, depsite it being in the layers folder. This sucks.

28 minutes ago, SNAFU said:

Nope. Still got the same issue, exact missing texture too, depsite it being in the layers folder. This sucks.

Not possible to have each of the images to be 20480 x 20480 .bmp?

I´ve never seen it spliting one photo in 4 pieces. I think you can´t or won´t to.

Because TB already split them to create the layers.

Just give it a try. And see it by yourself.

19 minutes ago, miguel93041 said:

Not possible to have each of the images to be 20480 x 20480 .bmp?

I´ve never seen it spliting one photo in 4 pieces. I think you can´t or won´t to.

Because TB already split them to create the layers.

Just give it a try. And see it by yourself.

I do not think that would work. My entire map is 40960. My sat map is is cut into four squares of 20480, same process with the Normal and Mask map. Wouldn't having one sat map of 20480 be way too small for the 40960 terrain?

Just now, SNAFU said:

I do not think that would work. My entire map is 40960. My sat map is is cut into four squares of 20480, same process with the Normal and Mask map. Wouldn't having one sat map of 20480 be way too small for the 40960 terrain?

I recommend by my experience making it 1m/px just because you´ll face problems in a future. And it´s not the same, you can make great imagery.

Just one question. You´re referring that you have the SOURCE sat mask cut in 4 pieces or that TB cuts it into 4?

Just now, miguel93041 said:

I recommend by my experience making it 1m/px just because you´ll face problems in a future. And it´s not the same, you can make great imagery.

Just one question. You´re referring that you have the SOURCE sat mask cut in 4 pieces or that TB cuts it into 4?

I cut them in to four pieces in Photoshop, then exported them as .BMP files. I could not save as one large 40960 image as the .BMP format woudldn't allow me to save at that size.

Just now, SNAFU said:

I cut them in to four pieces in Photoshop, then exported them as .BMP files. I could not save as one large 40960 image as the .BMP format woudldn't allow me to save at that size.

Strange i "THINK" i did it into 40960 image in photoshop. Anyway can you post an image of this particular part on TB.

c0107f15d251d4b651076e31a5c63172.png

1 minute ago, miguel93041 said:

Strange i "THINK" i did it into 40960 image in photoshop. Anyway can you post an image of this particular part on TB.

c0107f15d251d4b651076e31a5c63172.png

Here you go.

d7d9b3c632c26d6f72bc0e6a27cdd49b.png

1 minute ago, SNAFU said:

Here you go.

d7d9b3c632c26d6f72bc0e6a27cdd49b.png

Ok i´m pretty sure i know what´s happening here.

Do what i said instead of splitting one image into 4 and import them. Try to create a 20480x20480px .bmp image and import it.

Really im serious give it a try. I really think that´s the problem.

--------

Also when creating layers you select the option where it converts the .png to .paa?

Edited by miguel93041
another clue

4 minutes ago, miguel93041 said:

Do what i said instead of splitting one image into 4 and import them. Try to create a 20480x20480px .bmp image and import it.

--------

Also when creating layers you select the option where it converts the .png to .paa?

Okay, so just re-import my satmap, normal map and mask map as whole 20480x20480.bmp files?

Also I do select that option.

Just now, SNAFU said:

Okay, so just re-import my satmap, normal map and mask map as whole 20480x20480.bmp files?

Also I do select that option.

Yes do that.

Also check that the rvmats are referring to .paa files instead of .png

6 minutes ago, miguel93041 said:

Yes do that.

Also check that the rvmats are referring to .paa files instead of .png

Will try it, thank you. And I hadn't thought of checking that, but will do check it and get back to you. 

Just now, SNAFU said:

Will try it, thank you. And I hadn't thought of checking that, but will do check it and get back to you. 

You´re welcome that´s for what this forum is. Let me know if it worked. I´m going to have a rest.

53 minutes ago, miguel93041 said:

--------

Using 4 images is fine, he is going to make his sat map a lot lower res. I use 4 images myself, as long as everything is within the mapframe, TB doesn't care how many images you use!

1 minute ago, RoF said:

Using 4 images is fine, he is going to make his sat map a lot lower res. I use 4 images myself, as long as everything is within the mapframe, TB doesn't care how many images you use!

So any ideas on what is causing the problem?

Are you exporting as 5 materials? As that is what you should be using as you have a normal map. Did you check everything had imported at the correct coords? (within the mapframe)

Also try deleting your mapname.grid.000.v4w file, as well as everything in layers folder of course.

You using the batch file for converting? its a lot quicker

Link

6 minutes ago, RoF said:

Are you exporting as 5 materials? As that is what you should be using as you have a normal map. Did you check everything had imported at the correct coords? (within the mapframe)

3 minutes ago, RoF said:

Also try deleting your mapname.grid.000.v4w file, as well as everything in layers folder of course.

You using the batch file for converting? its a lot quicker

Link

I did not know about that batch file. Do i use it instead of "Convert textures into *.Paa files"? Also I have just deleted that file and will attempt at generating layers with the "5 Materials per cell" option. Will post feedback when available.