Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Mission editing contest

1-8th has teamed up with the WarGames OFP League.  They are now co-sponsoring this endevour.

A virtual trophy (for each category of mapping) will be awarded and we may be able to now increase the cash prize.

More to follow as this develops.

To check out the War Games league website, please navigate to http://www.virtual-wars.com.

Contest info available at http://www.1-8th.com/index.php

Thanks,

DC

Deadline has been moved up...  All interested parties need to have their submissions in before December 31st.

Thanks.

Latest news... Suchey at www.digitalgrenade.com (runs the MTCO OFPR server) has contacted UDP soft (maker of The All Seeing Eye)... They are throwing in a couple of registrations for the full version of the All Seeing Eye as prizes.

I'm glad you guys read the posts and changed your rules and prizes. Whilst missionmakers out there love the game and do stuff for free all the time, there's no need to exploit that. But encouragement for good missions is not a bad idea. Just make it more balanced (provider vs receiver) next time lads wink.gif

Trophies are done... and here they are...

Player vs. Player

player%20copy.gif

COOP

coop%20copy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just make it more balanced (provider vs receiver) next time lads<span id='postcolor'>

These maps will be PUBLIC PROPERTY..... READ THE VERY LAST RULE... at http://www.1-8th.com

Deadline is very near. Please navigate to our site and notice the change deadline and prizes for each category.

Wow am i glad i saw this today,

I just got back my internet access as i have moved to a new apartment. hope its not too late to get in.

On second thought, its too much to do and i got too little time to do it. sad.gif

Is it possible to move deadline again ? For example to Friday - 3th of January. confused.gif

Had only two editors submit maps.  Therefore, no winner will be declared (rules state a need of 10 submitting editors).  I have asked the two mappers that did submit what they wish me to do with their maps (i.e., destroy or distribute).

If they decide to distrubute, I will upload on this forum thread for all to have.

Thanks,

DC

Well, dave, I have a map for each that I'd like to submit, but I'm on vacation at the moment, so I couldn't submit them by deadline... Maybe you could extend the contest? I think perhaps people thought that their maps wouldn't be winning material, so they didn't submit... Perhaps more promotion? I wonder where people's competitive spirit went? =P