Sign in to follow this  
n3vasc4

Using GPU/CPU

I've never played Arma 3, I do not know how the engine is, but... I have an i5 7500, 8 GB DDR4 memory and a GTX 970 G1 Gaming and the game does not work so well for me, even with everything in the "low ".

I made a little video showing how the game starts for me, ignore the noob gameplay (I joined a game in progress, the first match of the day). Look at the percentage of CPU and GPU usage... unlike other games, has not using half of my GPU. Whats wrong?

Just for comparison purposes, here is a video I recorded playing GTA V in 2k resolution on my machine. GTA V is not a lightweight game (I think).

Good Evening sir,

The issue you have at the begining of the video is the same for me. However this one stay only for a couple of seconds and he's less ugly ^^'

You are just loading all the map and props.  The FPS drop you have when loading all the map is normal.

But about your FPS when everything is back to normal... I can't really tell you why you are only able to play correctly in low settings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

Good Evening sir,

The issue you have at the begining of the video is the same for me. However this one stay only for a couple of seconds and he's less ugly ^^'

You are just loading all the map and props.  The FPS drop you have when loading all the map is normal.

But about your FPS when everything is back to normal... I can't really tell you why you are only able to play correctly in low settings.

I think I can live with loading the map... in matches from the beginning, these seconds of loading the map are only used for capturing points or something like that. The biggest problem is that even after loading the map, the game does not exceed 70 fps (50 ~ 70), having crashes sometimes (often in front of the enemy)... and for some reason the game does not use my hardware properly. Never.

Detail: from the middle to the end of the video, it is how the game behaves the rest of the time. It does not get better than that.

Ha the low framerates ? Heu... it's a issue with the engine. Players are asking to optimize the engine since arma 2... And it's better than before, I can confirm you that ^^ 

I don't have any magic solution to get more FPS, sorry.... The behavior of your CPU/GPU is normal for Arma/Argo ( for me ).

However for the crashes.... The 64 bits client is here since 6 month if I'm not wrong. So a lot of issue are still here. All I can tell you to do is to send the crash dump for the devs.

So, is recommended to run on x86? Or not?

For me the 64 work fine since it's release. However some friends of mine have quite a lot of issue with the 64 bits. Try to play with and let's see =b

I'll test. If there is any improvement, I notice here. Anyway, I hope some developer comes along to at least try to help me with this question, since they know more than we do about the game.

Is my machine not able to run this game at least a little more acceptable?