Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Target boxes

I dont want to dredge up some sort of debate on this, but I know that the yellow target boxes assignable by the officer have been a hot topic for squads/leagues and multiplayer play. I am also aware that there is a work around of sorts that is reported to work, but what I would like to know is if BIS has any plans to incorporate an option to disable these when the next patch arrives? Suma responded to some posts regarding their removal and a workaround method for mission makers to get rid of them, but I was hopeing that this will be fixed by the next patch. It would be nice to have the option to disable this on servers if you want to have a game utilizing stealth and concealment. Any word on this?

Well the word is that Balschoiw asked BIS the same question before. That was 2 weeks before the 1.85 patch. They said it was to late, because the patch was allmost finished allready.

So Balschoiw tried to build a script to avoid this. And with succes. At the EFL we have implemented the script allready in some maps and it seems to work.

But it would be better if you can disable the whole radio target thingie just like you can disable 3rd person. In the difficulty settings that is.

So I really hope BIS is doing something about it smile.gif

Me too!

I am really hoping that there will be more server variables to change, so every admin can set the game the way he wants. People aiming at pure realism can do so, but on the other side, arcade players can have their own settings as well. With custom servers, everybody would be happy. I for one, would love to be able to play on servers without these stu**d target boxes and without the lock-on target feature. I mean, if there would be an event handler for when an object has been targeted, people could come up with alternative notifications (like sound) when you have locked on an airplane with a stinger, instead of that target box. A server-side option to disable all target boxes or even a devision between target boxes for air units, ground units and infantry, each with their own variable to toggle off/on, would be a great thing.

The more custom server variables, the better!

To be precise:

I brought up the issue and questioned on the Targetting thing alot. But the scripting credits go to RED as he was the one that made the first template map running.

You can download the anti-radio targeting map at my Homepage in the Download section.

Obviously this wasnt addressed in patch 1.90, however, I assume there will be another patch to correct the few remaining items with 1.90 and hope that this can be added in at that time. This really is an important feature for the player vs. player community. I tried the above scripting and it didnt seem to work 100%...it did disable the targeting somewhat, but some targets were still able to get through sad.gif has anyone else had a better or similar experience with the above method or have a more catch-all method of disabling the radio target boxes?

I am probably employing wishful thinking here, but is there any possible way we might be able to see this in the upcoming 1.91? Especially since the scripting option doesnt seem to work anymore.

I came to think about: A year ago there was a popular server that managed to have all their players go get an addonspack with load of vehicles and stuff..they somehow managed to add a silenced Dragunov.

My point is, if u can somehow make aa addon that (kinda) overrules the original, woulnt it be possible to make a REQUIRED addon that replaces the original yellow-targetbox with a new transparent(invisible) target box?..

Addons-wizards??

Well just a thourght!..

Regards

EazyOne