Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Grouped AI not following regroup orders?

Has anyone ever had this happen? Where suddenly when playing a mission, the AI in your group won't follow you when given a regroup order?

I've seen this off and on for awhile now. They'll still take move orders ok, but aside from that, they won't do much other than just stand there. And as you can imagine, this basically breaks the mission until you restart the game.

This is with mods by the way, so treat this thread as just a feeler. Originally I thought it was due to ASR AI, but I just talked to someone that's seeing it too and they don't use AI mods.

From what I can tell, I think it could be related to AI behavior changes, such as combat or possibly when one member of the group dies. But it's really inconsistent.

Anyway, I haven't done any scientific testing, or removed all community faction mods or anything yet. I was just curious if anyone else had seen this? Maybe we can talk about what we did/used when it happened, and maybe we can find some common factors, create a repro, and maybe get it fixed.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yes, same with boarding a vehicle or not. I guess respawn cases and/or leader selection by script are not so straight.
It can be useful to script:

[group _unit, _unit] remoteExec ["selectLeader", groupOwner group _unit];

instead of a simple: _grp selectLeader _thisunit;

and a doFollow makes sense also.

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Yes, same with boarding a vehicle or not. I guess respawn cases and/or leader selection by script are not so straight.
It can be useful to script:

[group _unit, _unit] remoteExec ["selectLeader", groupOwner group _unit];

instead of a simple: _grp selectLeader _thisunit;

and a doFollow makes sense also.

I'm not exactly following you here. Could you elaborate? So you're seeing this in some cases as well?