Sign in to follow this  
chris330

New weapon problems

Hi there,

I am currently making an SA80 in oxygen that I imported from G-max. I have hit a few problems. I have textured and imported the model okay, but when I place the model in my folder, stuffpbo it up and put it in the game, there are no textures on it. It will also cause no damage to anything when it is fired.Infact, I wonder if anything leaves the end of the barrel whatsoever. I should point out that I am modifying and old addon by simply replacing the old .p3d file with my new one. The old weapon worked very well, so I dont think there is a problem with the config file. I have my textures and my .p3d file in my folder along with the original config file when I stuffpbo it up, so I dont think I am missing anything there. Also when I switch to the scope view my guy spins around like hes gone mental! I know I am missing something fundamental here I just need to know what it is. Your help would be very much appreciated.  smile.gif  smile.gif

You will have to check what the texture paths are, press "a" when in oxygen, then right click and press load texture. then select the location of the texture, namely in the pbo file. if u hav more than 1 texture, find the toolbar with the texture names and select 1, than do the process above.

Thanks for your replies, I must confess Soul that I did not do this, and infact haven't heard of it before. I presumed all u had to do in oxygen was make the weapon and texture it, seeing as it is an inanimate object in the game. That's why I chose a weapon rather than anything else for my first addon. However, it would appear that there is indeed more to it than that. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what that is, as I have trawled through the O2 DOC forum and have not found anything that mentions it. As far as texture problems go USMC sniper I'll check the textures paths in oxygen as you suggested and retry it to see if it works. Thanks both for replying wink.gif

Allright here we go:

1. Open up what you have so far.

2. In the LODS menu right-click on the LOD that has you weapon and choose "Show at Background". This will show the outline of that exact model in any other LOD for easier positioning.

3. Rightclick again and choose "Duplicate", do this a couple of times and notice that the numbers increase. These are the resolution LOD, the higher the number the less detail you model should have in that perticular LOD.

4. Right click in the LOD window and press "New", again it would be a reso LOD with a even bigger number. If you double click it then you will be taken to that model, as you can see there is nothing there except the yellow outline of the first LOD.

5. Doubleclick on the last LOD (the one u just made) and choose "Properties", from the menu choose "Memory".

6. Now create 4 points using the Insert button on the keyboard.

7. Select the first point and rightclick in the selections window and choose "New" then enter "usti hlavne" and (now relative to the yellow outline) place that point at the end of the barrel (furthest from the player).

8. Do the same with the second point, name it "konec hlavne" and place at beginning of the barrel (closest to player).

9. Do the same with the third point, name it "nabojnicestart" and place at the point where the emty cartridge leaves the gun.

10. Do the same with the fourth point, name it "nabojniceend" and place at the point where the emty cartridge should start its descent to the ground.

11. Duplicate the first LOD and again through Properties change it to View - Pilot. This is where the highest detail model should go.

I believe u can experiment further.\

Regards

Thanks very much for your help Soul, but I couldn't get the memory part to work. Whenever I instructed oxygen to set one of the previous LOD's as a background it failed to appear when I created the new one. I presume the four points you asked me to make are vital for the gun to fire properly. All I really need now is to fix that "show as background"

problem and figure out why the view spins round unstoppably when in scope mode. I think we're getting near to cracking this one so I would be well grateful for your help. wink.gif

Hi

Go trough the last parts of my weapon tutorial on my site:

ofp.info/brsseb (lesson 3)

There I deal with memory LOD setup for weapons in OFP. Might be just what you need

brsseb

Okay, Ive done all of that, included the four points that are given Czech names, included the piolt view which is the highest LOD and still no result. The view still spins round when in scope view aswell. Is this a problem with the config file perhaps? confused.gif

Thanks brsseb, it apppears your tutorial should cover everything I need, it covers the stuff Soul Assassin talked about before. The only thign still left to sort out is the reason as to why the player spins round when in scope view. if anyone can answe rthat I'd be very grateful. Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, I really appreciate it! smile.gifsmile.gifwink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

I have the same problem with my weapon. I can't aim the thing. When I enter scope view and I just spin around... sad.gif