Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

How to get AI Squad to grab more ammo ?

Hi Folks,

What's the trick to get your AI Squad to grab more ammo after they've expended a bunch ? Currently messing around with IF3 and I have a truck loaded with the correct ammo boxes... I can restock my ammo from the truck fine - but my squad seems to ignore it and I can't figure out any command to tell them to grab more ammo...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Highlight the team members (F1-F11) that you want to equip and press 6 (not numpad 6).

Then select the "Rearm at X" action, where X is the crate or vehicle that they can rearm at. If there are no matching magazines or ammo belts for their primary/secondary weapon then they will only grab a FAK and some grenades (if there are any) instead.

Keep in mind that the command menu might be a bit cluttered with a lot of various objects that you can select. For best results, you may want to order your AI to move close to the object first and then refresh the menu by closing and reopening it.

Alternatively, you can also select a team member (individual selection only) and choose the "Inventory" action instead. This action will make the AI member move to the nearest thing that they can rearm at and then displays their inventory on your screen. You can then manually choose what magazines or weapons to pick up.

• Like 2

Hi...

Thanks so much for the detailed write up - I've used Arma for a while and could never figure this out... I'll give it a try as soon as I am able... Again - much appreciated !!!

Regards,

Scott