Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Boinker

Best Survival Mod that.....

I am new to survival mods and I was wondering what survival mods are the best. I dont like mods where i get killed right away. I would rather mods where people are more focused on building bases and gathering food and items etc and no just hunting for people to kill. Would love it even more if it was multiplayer but you are against the AI/zombies or whatever instead of each other. Opinions?

There is Epoch, Exile, Ravage and Desolation and those only come on the top of my mind.

Epoch is an improved A3 version of the ARMA 2 Epoch mod for DayZ. 

Exile is actually what I would call the "Australia" mod. It is a prison island / planet mod - all players are "exiled" to a location and have to fend for themselves. Loot, kill other players, build your own base, join a group, etc... Some servers has zombies, some don't

Ravage is closer to DayZ on ARMA than any other mod so far... it has AI friendly, bandits, zombies, loot system and more... Also can be played in single player while the above two technically are MP. There are some missions that are made for SP using Epoch or Exile assets though.

Desolation REDUX is being updated so hope to see if that is really good.

For the most complete experience, you would need to mix a few mods. I think the managed custom servers are the better way to play.

CCG has a few DayZ survival servers that has a lot players with custom content. But I have never been able to connect to those servers, only the UK Wasteland servers which is not my game. Not sure if you need to register with CCG first (I didn't).

You can watch some videos online for any of the mods to see if it worth your time.

• Like 1

Thanks for reponse. What is CGC? On youtube all the videos are just Dayz it seems.

CCG is a gaming group. Just do a search for CCG ARMA 3 servers and you will find more info. I'm not part of that community but FrankiePC has some good DayZ on ARMA type videos from their servers such as:

Watch this and video before it. It is supposedly scripted on a custom CCG server. Looks super cool.

Personally RAVAGE mod is the current way to go for that survival experience for me in SP. Most of the missions I played so far really feel like a well thought out mod in a zombie apocalypse. I just need to find a good server to play on that is not pay to play for MP experience.

Checkout these missions and download the required mods in the description:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655918216&searchtext=ravage+esseker

I think those will give you great experiences for now.

Also, there is Ryan's Zombie and Demon's mod but that is really a unit mod, not a full blow survival mod. It has been put to great use for creating zombie missions on Steam workshop and on this forum. Ravage with the Zombie and Demon's mod is actually crazy... Do a search for both mods on steam workshop, and you will find some crazy missions to play.

Thanks im going to check it out. Ive played Dayz HeroSurvive SP with zombie demon mod etc . But got bored very quickly. Hardly any loot, Like literaly almost none ran around most of the map then when i finally got  a crate it would be a hat or something bad. Most of the house you cannot enter and are there just for design, the houses that you can go in never have anything in them. Zombies are useless you can literally walk away from them without running etc. Didnbt have a  good experience thast why i posted here.

RAVAGE is what you want then... it is way more detailed and many missions are better thought out.

There is also another mod BRPVP - have no idea what it stands for it. It is technically modless - a bunch of mission scripts and frameworks.

Do a search on the server tab in the ARMA 3 LAUNCHER. Join the closes one or with most players. Zombies are funny... they hiccup, laugh, scream and do crazy stuff. Made my kids laugh while watching me play. More like Crazies than Zombies.

But overall, boring... nobody on the servers when I am online, run around, no civilians boarding up their houses, no police or military patrolling. Its just you, other players and a ton of crazies... if you find a car, drive around, in about 10 mins, the crazies spawn and they just overwhelm you.

For me survival games needs missions and eventually some end game objective. I need that to motivate me thus I play ESCAPE more than anything online now, next to Battle Royale.

Otherwise, most survival games are a huge grind going nowhere.

I just started playing Ravage on Esseker . Its ok so far. Nothing amazing but i only played for an hour so far

Here the link for BRPVP in this forum: 

You can find our Discord here: https://discord.gg/wt23HwU

BRPVP is a survive mission 100% done from scratch and is a mission (not a mod) with mod features, like zombies. All in its 20K+ lines of code.