Venger_

A serious question to BIS developers

6 minutes ago, Drift_91 said:

I really don't see why all the hostility in this thread. I couldn't see it taking more than 6 hours for a single dev to implement this. I personally would find it a useful addition. It's not like it's going to hurt the rest of you who don't need it. As someone with neurological issues affecting hand-eye-coordination, I can easily see how not having individual settings could be crippling for a select few players.

Btw, as someone who probably makes more posts on the feedback tracker than threads on the forums, I can see why @Venger__ would think the devs don't read the forums. As has already been mentioned they don't have the time to make their presence known. On top of that there's a whole load of small annoying bugs and flaws that I've noticed throughout my time playing Arma 3 that seem to take years to be fixed after constant pestering from the community. Originally I thought they were just lazy or something but after some time I came to realize that their studios are probably quite small and have a lot of work to do.

I was also surprised at how negative and critical some members here acted but I'm just happy we found a solution.

Drift_91, give this app a try that oukej sent me. It works perfectly for changing sensitivities on the fly. I set 3 different sensitivities for infantry, jets and choppers to F10, F11 and F12 hotkeys.

http://www.gphotoshow.com/mouse-speed-switcher.php#.WRzM7cbGCUl

Separated input values are not just a matter of mouse speed. The same problem is there for Joystick users. Once you have a sensitivity curve that is good for driving, it sucks for Helos, once you found one that is good for Helos it sucks for some Airplanes or Vtols and vehicles.

The issue is there.

I solved it by user profiles...but it is a bit cumberson that way with missions where you often switch vehicles classes (CTI)

8 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I solved it by user profiles...but it is a bit cumberson that way with missions where you often switch vehicles classes (CTI)

Yep, that's the downside of using profiles to tackle this issue. The advantage of the above app is that it lets you switch sensitivities on the fly. With profiles, I believe you have to load up a profile prior to starting a mission.