Recently just left an Arma community and wanted to set up a server and I have this idea that I haven't seen and I'm just asking for feedback on the idea.

So it would be an insurgency type mode but PVP + AI

Blufor being either US army or a Government Force

OPFOR being an insurgent force 

Both sides will have objectives around the map they don't have to do those objectives they can patrol around and fight AI and take other territories if they wish but if they complete objectives reward shall be given E.G. an armored vehicle or heavy weapon. 

I haven't seen this type of game mode before in arma but I could just be blind, this would be open to the public with few mods such as RHS, ALIVE, TFAR and the MAP.

Any thoughts and comments will be much appreciated. 

hope your a good scripter as well as a good community leader.

It takes a lot of effort to try and get a server of the ground with no community to start with meaning that most of your time in the first couple of weeks will be attempting to get numbers up past whatever minimum player threshold is required to attract other players and keep it there for approximately 2 weeks before it starts to maintain itself.

That first week is hell, trying to maintain a decent standard of discipline and create the precedence of how you want players to run the mission, organise themselves, cooperate, find admins etc etc

During this time you will have no spare time to script your mission

The biggest issue you will have at the moment is trying to attract enough new players and keeping them, Arma3 is now in its mid life stage meaning new players come in as a trickle.

We may see a short increase in numbers when the new DLC returns but I dont expect it to last long.

I would say you have until DLC release date to get your server ready to give it the best possible chance

Good lucki