Hello,

Right now when launching my Windows Arma 3 server it creates the RPT file with a date/time stamp as part of the file name. Eg: "arma3server_x64_2017-05-04_08-53-48.rpt".

Is there a way to not have the date/time in the file name, or to specify the name of the file so I know what it is every time the server starts?

I'm trying to use a web script to read the file in live console type window, but with the file name changing constantly this is impossible as I don't know what file name to point it at.

Thanks in advance!

unfortunately not, its set by the engine

what you could do is

Option 1: edit your call to start the server up by running a batch file and during your call to start the server up move all existing rpt files to an archive directory, that way once the server initiates you will only have the live rpt file in your arma game directory

Option 2: Or use a batch script to find the latest file by checking file creation date and time

I use the option 1 method and allow rpts to be read from both locations via web

This may help

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31084858/find-latest-file-in-a-directory-whose-name-starts-with-using-batch-script

Thanks for the suggestions, but neither of those will work for me.

I'm using a game server control panel called Open Game Panel. It uses XML files to configure how to handle the games and where certain things are. One of the parameters of the XML is the location of the log file. It has to point at a single file.

<console_log>profile/arma3server_x64.rpt</console_log>

When Arma's RPT file name changes on every restart because it date/time stamps it in the filename it makes it really hard to do something like this.