pipyn1970

Radar stations on Altis

Hi folks, I'd like to ask a few questions about radar stations in the hope my knowledge can be expanded.

As the title suggests, this thread is only about the radar stations that BI made for Arma 3.

Could someone please give me a brief description on how they would work in real life & if it would be possible IRL to use them with SAM's? I have this idea in my head (I know I'm wrong) that they would collect information about air threats & the domes would send a signal to the static SAM's that would track air targets then fire at them.

The reason I was thinking about this is because of the new SAM's in the Jets DLC. I was trying to make a picture in my head how the SAM's would work on land & if they would somehow be connected to the big Domes on Altis.

Many thanks

The big domes on Altis are part of CSAT's research projects on Altis.

I'm talking about places like this on Altis & Air Station Mike 26 on Stratis. The research places are the cluster of small domes on the ground.

I cant send a pic with this post unfortunately as I don't know how to insert one.

Safe to assume there's no functionality for them. Especially considering that M26 is long-range comms rather than a radar.

Zero clue if that kind of system would work IRL, but you made it sound like a interesting idea for a mods, scripts and scenarios.