Nirrti

Nordic Military Alliance for Defence (NOMAD)

Do2miEO.png

SJWZjyR.jpg

In 2029 NORDEFCO was disbanded due to failing to fulfill it's purpose, and a new organisation took it's place; Nordic Military Alliance for Defence, or NOMAD for short. The role of NOMAD is to defend Northern Europe against rising hostilities from both NATO and CSAT forces.

This is a faction mod I've been working on and off for better part of a year, out of my own interest and want in having a sort of pseudo-european faction for the game. It's mainly a faction that I've wanted to have with the excuse of doing Finnish and European gear in general, and since it's not based on anything real, gives me free hands on dictating what equipment is used. I know this probably won't tickle too many people who are more grounded in realistic depiction of stuff, but I'm mainly doing this for myself, and the people that I play with, and if you guys do happen to like it, that's a good thing.

The current plan is to use the Finnish M05 camouflage pattern as the de facto NOMAD faction camouflage, but for the sake of keeping the original premise, I'm going to do at least one version of the missing uniforms (Norwegian, Swedish, and Icelandic), gear, helmet, and possibly either a boonie or cap. Danish gear is already included.

The NOMAD SOTG (Special Operations Test Group) is the equivalent for Viper and CTRG.

It also has a bunch of other stuff like few patches and so forth.

Currently on to-do list:

-Reskin vehicles for faction
---MBT-52 Kuma
---AMV-7 Marshall
---Strider
---Wildcat
---Trucks

-Do missing (Legacy) gear
---Norwegian
---Swedish
---Icelandic

-Set up units for editor/Zeus.

The Rk-95 seen in the screenshots (on the workshop page) is from Project Infinite by Bnae, I highly recommend getting it as well.

Downloads

Steam Workshop

Mediafire

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nirrti said:

In 2029 NORDEFCO was disbanded due to failing to fulfill it's purpose, and a new organisation took it's place; Nordic Military Alliance for Defence, or NOMAD for short. The role of NOMAD is to defend Northern Europe against rising hostilities from both NATO and CSAT forces.

This is a faction mod I've been working on and off for better part of a year, out of my own interest and want in having a sort of pseudo-european faction for the game. It's mainly a faction that I've wanted to have with the excuse of doing Finnish and European gear in general, and since it's not based on anything real, gives me free hands on dictating what equipment is used. I know this probably won't tickle too many people who are more grounded in realistic depiction of stuff, but I'm mainly doing this for myself, and the people that I play with, and if you guys do happen to like it, that's a good thing.

I've currently only got it on steam workshop, as I update the mod way too frequently to warrant me having to go through multiple sites to update each download separately.

Steam Workshop

Looks like an interesting idea will work perfectly with ASTFOR

• Like 3

Updated the mod, changelog:

Renamed "FDF Uniform" into "NOMAD Uniform", added missing 3 variants (Desert, Forest, Winter) to it, renamed both kitbag and assault pack, and added missing variants (Desert, Forest, Winter) to them. Gave Boonie hats and caps all camouflage variants, renamed them accordingly.

hello could you make some alternate download link (google,withsix,mediafire...) 

All you need to do is click "subscribe" on the steam workshop to make steam download it, and then enable it in Arma 3 launcher, it's not exactly rocket science. But, added a mediafire link to the main post.

6 minutes ago, Nirrti said:

All you need to do is click "subscribe" on the steam workshop to make steam download it, and then enable it in Arma 3 launcher, it's not exactly rocket science.

That maybe so, but there are alot of members of this forum who have been playing BIS games long before steam arrived and may prefer to manage their mods the old fashioned way. I prefer doing this, but its my choice as i don't agree with the EULA regarding addons on the workshop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

That maybe so, but there are alot of members of this forum who have been playing BIS games long before steam arrived and may prefer to manage their mods the old fashioned way. I prefer doing this, but its my choice as i don't agree with the EULA regarding addons on the workshop. 

Eh, guess so, though you are able to download the mods through workshop, and then manage them manually, as steam still downloads the normal @folder, just places it in a hidden folder named "!Workshop" in your arma 3 folder. I just like the simplicity of workshop, as it's more or less one click job and you're done, and the fact that steam automatically keeps the mods up to date as they're updated by the creators.

Just now, Nirrti said:

Eh, guess so, though you are able to download the mods through workshop, and then manage them manually, as steam still downloads the normal @folder, just places it in a hidden folder named "!Workshop" in your arma 3 folder.

I know that, but the principle is users may not want to use steam in the first place :f:. But we should return to the topic in hand. 

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I know that, but the principle is users may not want to use steam in the first place :f:. But we should return to the topic in hand. 

Yeah. Anyway, on the topic of Legacy gear aka one set (for starters) of Norwegian, Swedish, and Icelandic gear, the original plan was to use each country's own camouflage pattern adapted for the Arid color palette seen on the M05 and Danish M/84 in the pictures, but if someone wants to weigh in on suggestions, I'm open.

I also updated the main post a bit, to explain current plans better.

On 2017-5-1 at 2:42 PM, Nirrti said:

-Reskin vehicles for faction
---MBT-52 Kuma
---AMV-7 Marshall
---Strider
---Wildcat
---Trucks

If you need texture templates - this link may help - 

• Like 1

I have been playing around with the mod and really enjoyed have you thought of incorporating some sfp content  (legally of course )