Sign in to follow this  
Assassin 6

Dedicated Server Problems

I have two computers both on different cable connections (different IPs). Prior to 1.30 to include the betas I could set up a dedicated server and connect to it from my other CPU. Since 1.30 I have not beeen able to do that. Other members of my unit can connect and play on the server but I can't. Once again two computers different cable connections (IPs) and can't connect. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

- Are you running any routers on either location?

- Can you ping the diff. machines from the other?

- You do run 1.30 on both, right?

I belive I read something that if you installed the betas, you should install 1.20 again then 1.30. cause the betas change some files wich are not compatible with 1.30.

-Rekrul

Here is some info from 3DActionPlanet -- does this apply to your situation?

Si informed Ofp.org on some very useful information that may help out a lot of you guys having some Multiplayer problems, here word:

A problem has come to light between the 1.30 patch and the 1.30 'Gold' versions of Flashpoint. Namely that people with the former couldn't connect to hosts with the latter.

SOLUTION: hosts should MOVE the "voicerh.pbo" file from the "addons" directory to a temporary directory. This file is included in the Gold Edition/Gold Upgrade as part of the 'Red Hammer' campaign and is therefore not included in the separate 1.30 patch/upgrade. Hosts should now be able to let people with the 1.30 upgrade join their games.

If they wish to play the 'Red Hammer' campaign then they need to copy this file back into the addons directory. This bug will be resolved in the 1.35 upgrade.