Sign in to follow this  
pcc

Prevent driver and gunner dismount in warfare

AI drivers/gunners in wheeled vehicles would dismount seemingly without apparent reason then get back in, and often they get killed.

Tank type vehicles doesn't seem to have this issue.  Example:  A tank team with M1A1 and M1128 MGS, the styrker crew would disembark randomly.

I tried setVehicleLock "LOCKED"; in Server_BuyUnit.sqf, but it doesn't prevent AI from exiting the vehicle. 

No, although I'm on beta, this is default AI behavior. 

Do you mean if mods are the cause or recommend using mods to correct this?

Place a platoon of Stryker MGS  and add 1 or 2 groups of hostile infantry in editor.

After or during firefight a vehicle driver sometimes gunner will disembark.

Same result if using other wheeled vehicles with turrets. As long as there's more than 1 vehicle in the group.

The Server\ AI\ AI_Transport.sqf handles units disembarking.  But I'm at a loss to understand how this would be the cause, Server_BuyUnit.sqf shows the script only runs on transport vehicles (those having cargo space), and the M1128 MGS isn't a transport.  Server_AITeamMove.sqf and Server_AITeamMoveByType.sqf deal with AI teams moving.  Those two scripts get called with most mission updates.

I don't have an answer, so I'm just pointing in directions.

• Like 1

Sorry, my title was confusing, I meant I'm hoping to correct the default game AI dismount behavior via warfare scripts if possible.

Maybe the fix has to be done with vehicle cfg, but I can't find the location of the vehicle variables.

I also observed that tank crews doesn't dismount like wheeled vehicles.  Also, the dismount behavior only happens in groups of more than 1 wheeled vehicle.    Maybe tank vehicles have a variable that be used for the wheeled vehicles.