Hello everybody, I have been playing Arma 3 now for quite some time now and after about 400 hours in I have decided to get into the editor, mostly to just play around. The thing is I literally don't even know where to start learning about it at. I have downloaded the "alive" mod, and would just like to know where I should start learning at, to fully understand the editor.

Thank you for your time, see you on the battlefield. 

Hi. 

There are Eden tutorials in the top right of the editor which describe how to use it. It is pretty simple to play around with though. The first character you put down will be the player, by default, so pop a guy down hit play and that is it! If you put a vehicle down first, the player will be in the vehicle as the driver. other stuff is added in the same way.

i reccomend the tutorials by the likes of jester on YouTube... google, jester Eden Tanoa...

if you are looking at learning how to use the editor, I wouldn't do it with alive loaded. Get the hang of the editor first, then load up an example alive mission and between that and the tutorials for alive you should be set...

I agree with boc.

The best way to learn about this editor, is to go to youtube, search for Arma3 editor tutorials.

Jester814...pickinthatbanjo and The SwissMaverick are some good ones to check out.

Keep a notepad handy. You'll need it.

Then fire up the editor and try out what you've learned.

I also agree with boc in that you should get familiar with the VANILLA Arma until you're somewhat comfortable using the editor.

Mods will only complicate the simple things for you.