Midnighters

Cant disable respawn role selection

Hello,

Ive been trying to disable the role selection in the arma 3 respawn menu. 

Using this function : BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenuDisableitem

I wanted to get something to work and then customize it from there. But i cant even get the example to work:

["disable",uiNamespace getVariable "BIS_RscRespawnControlsMap_ctrlRoleList",2,"Restricted for this part of mission!"] call BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenuDisableItem;

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is another way to handle respawns.

- Create a marker named "respawn_west" (NATO), "respawn_east" (OPFOR) or "respawn_guer" (INDEPENDENT)

- In your description.ext add the following code: "respawn = 3; respawndelay = 5;"

Well I want the ability to select a respawn location.

I believe at this point I'll just make my own. I think it's too much of a pain with workarounds.

4 hours ago, __Cole01 said:

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is another way to handle respawns.

- Create a marker named "respawn_west" (NATO), "respawn_east" (OPFOR) or "respawn_guer" (INDEPENDENT)

- In your description.ext add the following code: "respawn = 3; respawndelay = 5;"

4 hours ago, pierremgi said:

What about your description.ext cfgRoles ?

cfgRoles is empty.

If you want some choices, you must define the cfgRoles, then apply the BI function as you tried.

To select a respawn location, choose custom in editor then add all markers/respawn modules and name them respawn_west_whatYouWant...

By this way, you can also respawn on player's/group unit's dynamic positions but that requires some event handlers scripts.

6 hours ago, pierremgi said:

If you want some choices, you must define the cfgRoles, then apply the BI function as you tried.

To select a respawn location, choose custom in editor then add all markers/respawn modules and name them respawn_west_whatYouWant...

By this way, you can also respawn on player's/group unit's dynamic positions but that requires some event handlers scripts.

Alright, fair. Yeah, the only thing confusing me was the CfgRoles bullshit, otherwise ive got the rest nailed down.