Drunk_Irishman

Need help with cut scene animations

Hello all!

So I am working on a mission and I want to do some animations in the mission itself. Now in the mission an independent group leader is betrayed by opfor and it shot dead. I am using this animation "Acts_ViperMeeting_A_End" but when the gun appears to fire nothing happens. I have looked into other posts about this but nothing I found helped so here I am looking for answers.

Animations are animations. You can find some BI trailers with weapons firing during an animation but there is no simple way to add a shot during it. forceWeaponFire perhaps, with no aim of course.

6 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Animations are animations. You can find some BI trailers with weapons firing during an animation but there is no simple way to add a shot during it. forceWeaponFire perhaps, with no aim of course.

Yeah so that's what I did! It was a pain in the ass to do but it took like 20 minutes, no joke, of tweaking to get it perfect haha and its not even perfect in my opinion. Thanks a bunch guys

8 hours ago, Drunk_Irishman said:

Yeah so that's what I did! It was a pain in the ass to do but it took like 20 minutes, no joke, of tweaking to get it perfect haha and its not even perfect in my opinion. Thanks a bunch guys

wait you what now? Are you sure it's actually firing the weapon? I have never seen this work, other people on other threads have tried the same thing with no result 

I'm happy that you got it to a point in which you like  though.