Silen-

Singleplayer Respawns - HELP!

Hello there,

I'm new to the forums but quite a big Arma fan, I haven't played Arma 3 thousands of hours like a lot of players, but I enjoyed all the time I spent playing it and all the time I'm currently spending doing so.

Recently I've been finding a lot of fun in Zeus multiplayer missions, it was really good to organize custom operations for other players and give them the best possible experience, somewhat satisfying, but I wanted to go deeper so I started messing with the editor.

I wanted to create a singleplayer mission since I don't own a server and I'd not be able to play coop mission with friends (very sad about it, wish it worked like in games such as Rainbow Six Siege or something, but hey, gotta enjoy what we have), problem is I didn't know that SO MUCH scripting was involved. I'm no programmer, I'm no scripter and I suck with codes. I thought the editor was gonna be something for normal random users. But in any case it doesn't look like you need to be an engineer to make a damn mission so I wanna give it a try anyway.

First of all: How do I make respawns in single player, like in APEX campaign, so that you can select respawn point and loadout?? 

Second, how do I make an objective such as conquer an area, pretty much like the zeus thingy?

Thanks for your (hopefully) answers!

You will basically run a sector mission of your own making as a LAN multiplayer server just for you.

In eden go to the attributes menu and check, respawn, choose respawn location option.

Set down a respawn marker. Systems>Logic Entities>Locations>Respawn Point

Create your playable unit or group and maybe an ammo box.

Put down a sector module(Systens.Modules>Multiplayer>Sector, syncing it with the factions that are able to own it. Systems>Logic Entities>Sides

-Also sync it with Systems>Logic Entities>Locations>Area

-Adjust the sector options to your liking: Ownership limit=Percentage of side need to own the area. Unit costs= Unit value for capture. Default owner.

Put down a spawn ai module.

-adjust the side

-manpower cap

-spawn rate

-faction

-weighting 2=20% 8=80% for each tier (this adjusts the chance of a unit type spawning)

-Blacklist (remove undesirable units like the scorcher by copying their string from cfgGroups from the config menu in eden.)

-Sync Spawn ai to spawn ai:spawn point module. Perhaps making multiple points that will be chosen at random but setting the weighting at each to 100% armor or 100% infantry.

-Sync Spawn ai module to sector tactics Ai module.

-Set down a spawn ai:options module to delete wrecks and bodies after x amount of seconds.

Loadout editing is tedious. Basically you'll have to export a loadout from arsenal using shift-ctrl-c and paste it into a description.ext file you should create in the mission folder. Then you'll have to call a function in the init.sqf file (you'll also make) to make those templates actually apply. You'll also have to make sure the option is checked in the mission attributes menu.

You'll need to look at the example given here.

Also this might help if you expand the text at menuInventory. 

When you're ready for testing go the the PLAY menu and select multiplayer rather than singleplayer. You'll have to set the end conditions yourself as I haven't got that far. Perhaps add a ticket counter, I think there is a module for that.

pvtramirez is right. You can run your personal MP single player mission.

You can also stay on SP session and add some switchable units. This way you can player several characters of your group/side and keep a challenge to win.

If you want SP "revive" system, with incapacitation of units/player (possible death also), see here. So, now, you can mix switchable units and revive script.