Sign in to follow this  
masonddg87

Putting Altis & Stratis on the same terrain grid.

I was looking over maps that BI has put out about Altis & Stratis in the past. When looking on Armed Assault Wiki, I ran across a map depicting Altis & Stratis on the same terrain grid. The grid is in the limits on the Terrain Build structure that you can insert both terrains within a 42 x 42 mile grid (Grid size: 8192 x 8192, Cell size (m): 7.000, Terrain size (m): 57344.000). My question is has anyone done this as of yet? If not, why not?

If not, how would I go about doing it so I can put it on Steam for all to share.

Link for the map: http://armedassault.wikia.com/wiki/Stratis

As Bohemia did not yet release the scourcefiles for their maps Altis and Stratis there will be no (legal) way to edit those maps or even put them on the same Terrain. That is why nobody has done it yet.

The only way possible would be to try to recreate them from the orgininal islands: Google-Maps Link to the original islands

Good luck with that, because recreating all on your own, including heightmaps, satimages, objects etc will be a hell lot of work...

That is sad:sad_o:. This is a turnoff for a lot of community members who wish to combine islands to fulfill a desire to explore larger terrains and create past maps that were incomplete such as the Green Sea region. Are for the completion of the Horizon Islands.   

5 minutes ago, masonddg87 said:

That is sad:sad_o:. This is a turnoff for a lot of community members who wish to combine islands to fulfill a desire to explore larger terrains and create past maps that were incomplete such as the Green Sea region. Are for the completion of the Horizon Islands.   

The source files for Arma2 islands have already been released. Have you not see the CUP Terrain Pack?

I would assume Altis and Stratis would be released in source once we get to Arma4 perhaps.

• Like 1

Thats nothing sad, why should they release their own professional maps to the public to be edited? They invested whole teams, money etc to produce those maps (including some of them imprissoned ;) ). As R0adki11 already mentioned, there are a lot of scource files already released from the old A1-A2 maps, more then enough material to work on if you want to create islands etc (without doing the work to make you own terrain).

And you can see the results if you take a look at Torndecos Chernarus Isles where he combined the Chernarus map with the smaler islands of Utes.

36 minutes ago, masonddg87 said:

This is a turnoff for a lot of community members who wish to combine islands to fulfill a desire to explore larger terrains and create past maps that were incomplete such as the Green Sea region. Are for the completion of the Horizon Islands.   

And please don`t talk about "lot of community" members if you just mean yourself... you can create your own large terrains, with islands and stuff. But you have to do the work, there is no easy way like just copy and paste recent maps.

• Like 1