Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Picture 'name.jpg' cannot be found. Loading screen image. Odd error

Hi everyone. I don't quite understand this error message. I have a loading screen image in my mission root (sangin.jpg), which is properly defined in my description.ext.

When launching a dedicated server, and using #missions, when I select the map my mission is on, I get a pop-up error saying "Picture 'sangin.jpg' not found." But I don't get it. It's a lie! It can be found, because it shows in the loading screen just fine!

I don't get this error when opening the mission in any other way. If I open it in SP or in the editor, there are no errors. And like I said, even on the dedicated server, the image shows.

I think this is for the presentation image on the bottom left of the screen when you select the map and mission in the #missions screen. But I just don't understand why it's saying it can't find it when it clearly can, at least for loading screen purposes it finds it fine.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

arma sometimes does funny things, had once a similar problem what helped me was I made a fresh copy of the picture and renamed that to something else.

important you do not use again same name.

second advice I have do not use jpg, convert them to paa

use arma3 tools - TexView 2 for this

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maquez said:

arma sometimes does funny things, had once a similar problem what helped me was I made a fresh copy of the picture and renamed that to something else.

important you do not use again same name.

second advice I have do not use jpg, convert them to paa

use arma3 tools - TexView 2 for this

That's not a bad idea. Thanks Maquez. I did try saving it again but as the same name. I'll try renaming it.

The image in question is a loading screen image (so not an image which would usually require paa such as a custom poster or billboard).

Is paa an acceptable format (using Image to paa in Arma Tools) for loading screen images? I use paa all the time for images actually within the mission, but I never thought to use the format for the load screen. 

should work too, sorry touched for long time not the editor :glare:

these continuous mission breaking changes from BI and addon developers gave me the rest ...

• Like 1

Ok I figured the problem out. Apparently I had defined the loading screen image in the description.ext AND also in the editor "General" options. I have no clue why I did that but I must have set it up that way a long time ago.

Anyway, as soon as I deleted the loading screen image path from the General options in the editor, and therefore was only using the description.ext load screen path, the error went away.

I was under the impression description.ext always trumped the editor parameters but clearly something has changed and caused a new conflict. It has to be one or the other now I take it.

Solved.

This is a far easier way to show a photo in Arma 3

and you can add cool effects like scrolling onto screen etc very easy as well.

_imagePath = "banner.jpg";// define the image path
_pppControl = findDisplay 46 ctrlCreate ["RscPicture", -1];// create control

_pppControl ctrlSetText _imagePath;//set the image

_pppControl ctrlSetPosition [0, 1.5, 1.025, 1.8];//set start position

_pppcontrol ctrlCommit 0;//commit instantly 

_pppControl ctrlSetPosition [0, -.4, 1.025, 1.8];//set end position

_pppcontrol ctrlCommit 30;//commit over 30 secs so it slowly slides onto screen.

waituntil {introdone};//wait until some variable is true

_pppControl ctrlsetFade 1;//set start fade from 1 to 0
_pppcontrol ctrlCommit 5;//slowly fade for 5 seconds
sleep 5;//pauses for sometime allowing fade to finish then deletes control.
ctrlDelete _pppcontrol;//delete the control