BlacKnightBK

Adding specific units into an array

Hello guys, before answering my inquiry, How are you?? :)

So I am setting up a mission file which will missions active (obviously :P)

Anyways what I need is to check if within the AO there are active NME units, if there are then mission keeps going, if they are all dead then mission yay.

How do i do that??

Please keep in mind it has to be a script, the only thing i have on map is an empty marker which i use to define the mission area.

Thank you

Can you not use a trigger and then set the side to the 'NME' side with the activation set to 'Not Present'?

Also, based on a reply to another topic you posted I would suggest looking through either an Invade & Annex or Domination mission file (remember to read the licence before modifying or copying out script files)

7 hours ago, bull_a said:

Can you not use a trigger and then set the side to the 'NME' side with the activation set to 'Not Present'?

Also, based on a reply to another topic you posted I would suggest looking through either an Invade & Annex or Domination mission file (remember to read the licence before modifying or copying out script files)

if i can type create the trigger as a script no problem. Thanks for the idea, i will look into how to do it. Thanks.

And yeah i do keep on looking in the files of an invde and annex made by Ahoy World however QuickSilver and his friends are not really into commenting their work so it is really hard for a noob like me to understand their codes in most cases. SO when i struck out i come here. 

However, I have to say. There is a lot i learnt from their files :P But I cant use everything from there still

On February 4, 2017 at 0:26 PM, BlacKnightBK said:

Hello guys, before answering my inquiry, How are you?? :)

So I am setting up a mission file which will missions active (obviously :P)

Anyways what I need is to check if within the AO there are active NME units, if there are then mission keeps going, if they are all dead then mission yay.

How do i do that??

Please keep in mind it has to be a script, the only thing i have on map is an empty marker which i use to define the mission area.

Thank you

are you looking to put all the units to be found dead or alive in an array?

The title and your post is a bit mismatched.

but you can use commands like append

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/append

ex:

_array1 append _array2 //put the contents of _array 1 into _array 2

you could also use a trigger, and pass "thisList" into your script.

and you could get all of the units within that trigger area when activated.

On February 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM, bull_a said:

I'd say domination is a good start.

But to what I've heard a lot is that Zeno didn't do so well in terms of getting performance nailed.

Specifically because there was extra code that wasn't needed to do the same thing?

not sure.