UK_Apollo

Vehicle in Vehicle Transport

What, inside a model .p3d, determines the dimensions of a vehicle to determine whether it is too big to be loaded into a transport?

(The transport vehicle itself is understood, and defined with config class VehicleTransport {class Carrier{}} memory points.)

The BI wiki says this:

• only dimensions and weight of vehicle/object are important parameters
  • if size is not defined in config, bounding box is used

So if size is not defined in the config, how is the bounding box calculated? From which LOD? And how?

After further experimentation, answering my own question: Geometry LOD.

But it doesn't seem to be all that accurate. Even when the Geo LOD looks like it fits between the Carrier memory points, it often isn't allowed to be loaded.

Thanks HorribleGoat.

The boundingbox command, if that's what it uses, does seem rather vague, but from my basic tests the loading option only seems to be enabled based on the Geometry LOD size.

What I was looking at doing was dynamically changing whether the vehicle could be loaded, depending upon it's size, which could be made bigger or smaller via animations.

Although I'm able to hide the parts of the Geometry LOD (as proved by being able to walk through it), this doesn't seem to affect the bounding box as it remains unloadable.

I also tried animating the bounding box memory points defined in class VehicleTransport { class Cargo {dimensions}}, but this doesn't seem to work either.

Lastly, I wonder if it's possible to set the "canBeTransported = 0/1" value dynamically?