Hey, i recently buyed IF and game overally looks great, love destroying tanks and effects companies with that.
But i meet very serious problem - cant complete tank missions (almost all of them).
Reason is simple - in T-34 missions, i'm runing out of ammo, and there are too few rearm points. Then i get 2 new task to destroy enemy tanks, while i have no single AP or APCR round.
In RL, ammo loadout for such mission were diferent - crews was taking more AP rounds instead of HE.

Also in Mission with IS2 heavy tank, i need to stop King Tiger tanks - all goes flaweless, i destroy every tank by hitting its engine or ammo storage, i destroyed all tanks, killed whole escaping crews and... NOTHING. Simply nothing happens, tried 3 times. Mission is not ending, or progressing. I need to use cheats to finish the mission.

Yeah, i know them, i have them already :) Great missions BTW. Is this normal that in this game Tanks are shooting into aircraft? This is destroying missioon progress, as i wait for Germans many times (as the task told me to do) and they wont come, they shoot to flying aircraft instead.

Probably what their doing, maybe edit the mission yourself and remove the planes, mission files can be found in the addons folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IronFront\IF\AddOns

as well as C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IronFront\addons

30 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Probably what their doing, maybe edit the mission yourself and remove the planes, mission files can be found in the addons folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IronFront\IF\AddOns

as well as C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IronFront\addons

Thats pretty easy, and would improve performance, but i personally rather fix the AI. I saw lot of posts this game is unmoddable, is this true? This game have some lock that wont allow for modded files?

4 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

I saw lot of posts this game is unmoddable, is this true? This game have some lock that wont allow for modded files?

Yes, modding is not possible, and it is locked, see this post on IF Fan forums, I posted from 2012 that was from the official IF forums:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/modding-possibilities-in-iron-front-6265910?pid=1277367091

My team IFR (Iron front Revival) back in 2013, along with Kju who was working with BIS, and the other companies whom he had permission,

we created a tool that would convert Iron front to a mod for Arma2OA, also known as IFA2.

And it was for this reason that IF wasn't moddable that we created the tool, again the tool converted your IF to a mod, basically converting all the files .IFA's to pbo's

from this Arma2OA can read the files hence you had IF in Arma2OA.

In 2015 early kju started work on the Arma3 version, which also used this tool so we had various mods that would allow for compatibility, my tutorial here: LINK

I created to do this, Kju had tutorial, and info already on this before i created that page, but my tutorial gives you a rough idea of what was involved to get IF into Arma3.

Now the new IFA3 Lite version did away with the conversion process, Idk what was involved that allowed IF, to be played in A3 but with lite textures, low rez sounds, ect,. but it works.

As for IF itself the only thing you can do is build missions (sp/mp), or create textures, and scripts, those are the limits.

IFA2 though is a blast to play, at least with my IFWarMod

• Like 1

Thanks for souch information. I love how Arma 3 engine evolves, but i also know it take at least year, before most of major issues will be fixed (tanks problems....), so i might give a shot IFA2, thank you very much (You an Kju) for making such mod, its a pleasure to talk with such community members.

Your welcome Vasily, if you need help, and want to get into IFA2, follow this guide:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-a-mod-in-arma2co-setup-installation-6998339

any questions ask on that thread. If your interested in IFA3 conversion.....use the link in my previous post, but I would suggest you not waste your time, the Full converted version is hard to install,

it depends whether the conversion tool works and does what its supposed to do or fails, i would recommend to just get IFA3 Lite, plus my IFA3WarMod and IFA3WarModSA work best in them.