Sign in to follow this  
ajmtiling

trouble with re-texturing

hey guys, been fiddling around with a mod i downloaded just trying to get to grips with changing textures... right so ive taken out one of the .pbo files out of arma directory using pbo manager, ive created my own mod using that .pbo and in doing so i decided to take out one of the vests in the mod and edit the .paa and change its color. but when i load it all into arma and select the vest, it comes up as the same skin as the original camo vest. bare in mind that i have deleted the original .paa skin file for that vest and replaced it with mine, would i need to change anything in the config even though everything is still identical (name of .paa is the same as the original vest that i took out) other than the actual skin? im a newb so any help appreciated thanks.

p.s, ive created my own mod and its loading into arma fine, everything is exactly the same as in the arma directory other than i have simply changed the .paa file with an edited one. 

this is strange, because ive taken a car skin out of exile mod and change the .paa file for the lada and its actually changed the skin for me.

Check the config.cpp for hiddenSelections[].

Although 'texture_A' might be set in the .p3d, 'texture_B' can be displayed at run-time using hiddenSelectionTextures.