Sign in to follow this  
gold dragon

Sr-71

Hey folks,

Ive just finnished my SR-71 in Lightwave, but unfortuantely Oxygen has decided to stop running on my machine, so i have no way of getting it in game sad.gif

It comes in at about 5200 polys, im not sure if this is to big for the game?

Im looking for someone who wants to finnish this off, texture it, write the cpp for it, and get it in game smile.gif I can convert it to any format people require (MAX etc).

If anyone is interested please post here, or email me.

Heres a few pics for ya!

SR-71_Front1.jpg

SR-71_Top1.jpg

Birs'd eye view

Look forward to your comments! biggrin.gif

Cheers

Robsta

EDIT:RalphWiggum: pic size >100k

Nice model, but i think you would have to cut back on the polys a bit...4500 at max...but then again, its up to you. smile.gif

cheers for your praise chaps smile.gif

eatmyshorts, yep, thats kinda what i intended it for, some nice eye candy smile.gif thought it could work well for some downed pilot/rescue missions as well.

Scorpio, cheers for the poly count info, i was wondering what a good limit would be, but decided it would be easier to reduce it after i finnished it and found out the limit, rather than try modelling it within certain limits., i can probably knock 1000 polys off it just from the engine sections biggrin.gif

ive managed to get oxygen jump started now, but im going to have to do some reading before i can do alot with it sad.gif

Ok, ive managed to make the CPP file, and managed to get O2 working, and created the Distance LODS, the hitpoint LOD, Gemoetry LOD, Hitpoint LOD and Landcontact LOD.

Im kinda stuck on the Memory LOD, ive checked out a few of the BIS models, as well as user made mods, but i cant really figure out all the bits and pieces in the memory LOD section, i understand the bits for lights, and a few of the other basics, but some of it is a bit complicated!

Ive still got to texture the model, but im kinda putting that off until the actual mod is working.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Looks really nice. smile.gif I got an idea. When its released maybe someone could make some sort of script that like after a mission where you fly it, the debriefing could show the 'pictures' you took.

OMG! Imagine a mission with you as Clint Eastwood and that plane! biggrin.gif Very nice work, please don´t give it up until it´s finished.