Sign in to follow this  
PSC

Multiple questions...

Ok, I took a look at Resistance and have to say, it's very nice. Great job you guys did over there...

The new island is very beautiful and creates a great atmoshpere. I nearly had the feeling of beeing in a real world.

And now that I buttered you up so nice, I've got a couple of questions for you to answer.

<span id='ME'><center>PSC    grins like a cheshire cat</center></span>

1. Question:

One of the first things I did with Resistance, was to take a look at the russian scud vehicle. I knew that the second steering axle did not work till version 1.46. But now it does. And since I am hot for this feature for my own BTR-80 I took a look at this first:

second_steering_axle.jpg

Now I would like to know how the selection names are called for this second steering axle. Is it like levy predni 2?

2. Question:

I've included a cfgModels section into the config.cpp fot my BTR, to get all the special selection to work. In the game I checked everything, and realized some bug with the clan selection. It does not show transparency anymore.

This is how it looks in a multiplayer map:

logo_wrong.jpg

But it should look like this (I deleted the clan selection and applied a texture of the logo with transparency to the empty plane):

logo_correct.jpg

The face/point properties of the clan plane are set to default values. Do I have to change anything to make it work correctly?

3. Question:

And last but not least, I've got a question about the optics. I've set up a View-Cargo-Geometry LOD with gaps at the places where the optics are placed. It looks like this:

view_cargo_geometry.jpg

Onto the optics models I've applied a texture with transparency. It looks like this:

optics.jpg

But as you can see, I still cannot see through the borders of the vehicle. What is wrong with this?

I would apreshiate any answer that helps me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance, PSC

For the wheels - look at the picture beneath...if anything unclear, just ask me by IM!

SelNames.gif

For the other issues - I'll look deeper into them...

FlipeR

PSC question to you

how do you make that special area's on something for XML how to do on model and config.cpp?

thnx

Vixer

To make the logo show up at a special place, you simply have to create a square plane in Oxygene and assign it to a selection called clan.

Thats all you have to do in Oxygene (at least as I know).

After that you simply have to include that CfgModels part into your config.cpp. In example, for the BTR it looks like this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgModels

{

class default {};

class Vehicle: default {};

class Car: Vehicle {};

class BTR80: Car {};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

With this, OFP automatically identifyes selections like clan for the squad logo, L/P svetlo for lights, brzdove/zadni svetlo for back-/brake lights, and so on...

If you take a look at the file CfgModels.hpp, and take the translated chech file made by aLoneWolf as a referrence, you will see what selection-names are possible.

PSC

another question to PSC

did you get all your textures from photos?

or did you drawn some?

I used some photos of real BTR-80 as a referrence of course, but the textures are all handmade. I mainly used Photoshop and Freehand.

But especially on the inside you can (unfortunately) see that they are drawn, and not made of modified photos.

PSC

Ok, I've found out how the clan selection works after all. Thought it could interest you to know how to set it up. To find it out I've took a look at the minibird made by Cpt. Moore (Adammo).

*edit*

The solution is easy. Simply apply a 100% transparent texture onto the clan selection faces. In game it will be invisible then: But if someone has a custom logo, it will be applied on top of the transparent texture, and shows up.

Till later, PSC