Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

Ofp:r = no muzzle-flash-bug? yeah..

Hey BIS folks!

I wonder if i did something wrong or if Resistance is not working correctly! biggrin.gif

I wrote a config.cpp with CfgModels section and the weapons work great in HW T&L mode (no famous muzzle-flash-bug). HOWEVER, the muzzleflash is still always visible in the shadow of the weapon. First i thought this might be a problem with my LODs - but it isn't.. every weapon i build has this bug!!

The muzzle flash on the weapon itself works perfect - but in the shadow it's always visible.. which looks really awefull biggrin.gif

SO if anyone knows how to solve it - i'm listening wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ July 08 2002,15:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HOWEVER, the muzzleflash is still always visible in the shadow of the weapon.<span id='postcolor'>

Unselect "Enable shadow" flag for the faces conained in the muzzle flash. (This is the way it is done with M16 and other BIS weapons).

I have the same problem, but Sorry. I can not understand your worts.

Can you say this with easy worts for me. Please

Yea, would like to know it too.... can you please explain it in a bit more words? Thanks. smile.gif

select the faces you don't want to have shadows for (in that case the zasleh selections)

activate the face properties window (hit 'E' )

There you'll find a entry saying 'Enable Shadow'

Unselect it.

Do it in all resolution lods

This should be it