Sign in to follow this  
akm74

Photoshop camo action

wow thnx guys that was just what i needed

I have to say those are rather neat, but you end up with a rather odd looking cammo. I've seen some GR skins made with these and they just look horrible. What would you need this for other than making a new cammo that doesn't exist?

It's fun to play with, but for the time you spend getting this plugin to work right, you;d be much better off finding the cammo you need in a book a photo or through google, then cloning a large area to make a large flat piece of cammo. The results will look much more realistic.

Ebud

awsome, anyone got any more of those kinda links or utilities?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right ebud, the plugin's not enough to make good texture. <span id='postcolor'>

plugin's by itself not, but if you know how to use "Displacement Mapping" technigues.... it will give you very good result.

I know you can fiddle with Pshop to make it work, but I'd still take my chances of finding a good photo, or scan some actual cloth. I'd really like to see your results. After looking through some cammo books, I see that it would be good for a few patterns such as recreating the newer Norwegian pattern, the current Finnish pattern and maybe the Danish pattern with a bit of work later on.

So, I take back what I said, for many European patterns this would be a good tool, along with a few other cammo plugins or PShop actions.

A photo is still the way to go though tounge.gif

HOLY COW! This thing is great! Very useful for creating low-poly models.

I’m not sure about 3d max camo plug-in.

BTW

You can use Photoshop to create camo, save it as bitmap and use this bitmap in 3d max as material.