lightspeed_aust

Seeking support to build a PvP game mode - Total Random Respawns

Back in the day of Original Ghost Recon, there was a PvP mode which was hugely popular which was known as Total Random Respawns.

You had Team v Team on a GR map and usually set number of individual respawns to 5 each.

When a player died they would respawn at one of 30 random positions in the map which created really interesting gameplay.

The winning team was the one with most kills after 20 minutes or last man standing.

It created interesting gameplay because teams would start off as a group but as each player died they could spawn anywhere on the map and would ideally try to link back up with the team. Maybe the spawn would enable them to upset a control point that the other team had set up. Great fun and ongoing replayability.

So I don't think it would be too hard to set up but I have no experience in creating MP PvP gametypes.

Seeking assistance to make this happen on a couple of Ghost Recon map remakes that I have recently built.

So what I need essentially is one of 4 possible spawn in points for the teams at opposite corners of the map.

Then 30 random spawn points for players within the map (in strategic positions where possible so they don't get spawn raped)

Option to set respawns to a certain number, default 5.

And winning team either the team with most kills at the end of 20 minutes, or the team with last man (men) standing.

Thanks in advance and maybe best to PM me.

Lighty.

I'm a complete PC dummy so I'd be no help to you at all on the technical side, but i do know how to make my little men and tanks run around shooting their guns, so if I can help with playtesting etc, let me know..:)