Sign in to follow this  
Prospero

Proxy objects - and interaction

Guest BratZ

Hi Col Klink...what have you came up with? I see your radar building released.

Do we have to do this with all seperate models?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ Nov. 18 2002,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Col Klink...what have you came up with? I see your radar building released.

Do we have to do this with all seperate models?<span id='postcolor'>

Speaking for myself, I'm afraid I still haven't got it working, but I've had a few ideas in the last few days so... we'll see. I've been hoping Col Klink solves it;)

Of course, if Suma could provide us with an editable (MLOD) version of just one of those proxy object .p3ds referenced in O.pbo - all problems might be solved!

Damn shame about proxy objects and Roadway LODs though. I'm still hoping (against the odds) that it turns out they work.

wink.gif

Prospero

Yeah Guys still trying to figure this one out.  Doesn't make any difference to the object even if it does have collision detection as a standalone addon. It would be good if the proxies were the addons rather than a p3d model. Then we could create large buildings, or add fences and other objects as an integral part of the addon.

The radar block was created from several models and preset in 3d space to group them. It was messy idea that worked, but I'd rather just have a composite model using the proxy idea. It seems 1.85 and above screwed my idea for the radar anyway. The addon is being redesigned using one model, no proxies though.

Here's a thought: Perhaps binarizing the proxy addons might help.

Guest BratZ

I will be testing this,its needed for completion of my HighRise.

If the roadway doesn't work in proxy objects would suck,I am relying on roadways even in my stairwells.

I will come up with something, prolly seperate models,each 65m...

I notice that LSD ship was made in one huge model? Well I notice in his file it has like 2 copies,but I don't see where it was put together and It looks like just one big model.

Can someone define the 65m geometry limit? Does that mean I can only have 65 square m of geometry or no piece larger than 65x65?

The only other way I could see proxies working would be if rather than a p3d file the proxie referred to an actual addon itself. Now how we get the proxy recognised as an addon is another story completely. We may have to use a script.