Sign in to follow this  
Lenyoga

CfgHeads purpose

Hello. I've recently been abusing config.bin again and found a section called CfgHeads:

class CfgHeads
	{
	access=1;

class Air
		{
		friction=10;
		movement=160;
		maxAmp=0.05;
		maxSpeed=3;
		radius=0.2;
		};

class Land
		{
		friction=20;
		movement=260;
		maxAmp=0.1;
		maxSpeed=4;
		radius=0.3;
		};
	};

Any idea what the purpose of this part could be?

That's a very good question. What's funny is that you find the exact same sub classes ("air", "land") and the exact same values (friction=10 etc.) in ArmA3 config, but no other classes are inheriting from the "land" and "air" sub classes. On the other hand, the cfgheads section in the ArmA3 config shows other sister classes, next to "land" and "air" you find a lot of classes ("AsianHead_A3" etc.) defining head models and properties (mimics, wounds etc.), as Heads are proxies in ArmA3, contrary to OFP.

So, as those "land" and "air" values under cfgheads haven't changed since OFP, i suspect nobody still understand what they are made for...Is movement=260 the degrees of freedom of the head movement around the central axis ?

Is movement=260 the degrees of freedom of the head movement around the central axis ?

I think min and maxHeadTurnAI does that, but maybe it's the basic parameter for that sort of head movement. I might try messing around with it tomorrow, just break it and see what hurts when I do.

Yeah. When you don't know what something does, the only thing you can do is push the values to extremes, until you get a noticeable reaction. I've found some good info that way.

I'd never seen those classes until you pointed em out. Even after all this time.  :)