Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Chameleon tanks

<span id='ME'><center>Tovarish laughs at the pink tank</center></span>

eh...still OFP repair trucks can repair faster. tounge.gif

i read sometime ago that for better armor, they are thinking of adding a small electrical net inside of the tank. it will diffuse the incoming ammo head(?) with electrical statics upon contact with it.

wonder how they will converge two technology...... wow.gif

The most important word in the article is " will "

This is very future thinking and nano - tech is still in it´s childpants biggrin.gif

All military development is about making the life harder for the grunts on the ground. A couple of thousend years ago a wooden club was all that was required. Now the poor grunts will besides theri already too heavy gear have to carry a 200 kg invisible-tank-detector. wink.gif

they didn't say exactly give the theory on how supposed to work. i mean is it supposed to be like how humans can heal them selfs when ever they get cut or break a limb? is nano tech going to be a type of organic meets cybernetic machines that will multiply and move to a bullet hole and bond w/ the metal to fill the hole in the armor?

Sure..and every time your tank gets shot at and has a scratch in the paintjob some bad mooded mexican dwarfs hop out of the tank and give it a new paintjob wink.gif

Nano tech has several goals. Mostly related to surgery and healthcare in general. They experiment with incredibly small sub´s that are injected into veines and can do certain machanical operations and move to their destination using the veines. Pretty cool, but till now only very basic.

Apart from that there are materials on the world already that "remember" their form and ever twist back to their origin form if deformed. Pretty cool.

sounds pretty sci fi, would also be a great plot for a horror movie, as in lightning strikes the haul of a APC loaded w/ troops, nano machines go on a reproduction frenzy consuming humans and making them mindless killing cyborgs.

Stuff like this makes me wonder why the U.S. still spends billions of dollars on developing military equipment when it is already the worlds largest and most technologically advanced military in the world. They don't even have a real enemy to use it on, the Soviet Union colapsed more than a decade ago.

Tyler

you never know when killer aliens are gona invade earth. this isn't even the strangest thing that the U.S. military has researched. would you believe that army since the 1950's has been doing research to creat Psychic soldiers? basicly what they were trying to accomplish was something called "remote viewing" which is the alleged ability to "see" places far away even track the whereabouts of specific people. the soviets were also researching this long before the U.S. one technique which the russians claims to have discovered that centers on electronically analyzing the human mind in order to influence it. they imput subliminal command messages, using key words transmitted in "white noise" or music. using an infrasound very low frequency-type transmission, the acoustic psycho-correction message is transmitted via bone conduction.

heres some links to some of this, it maybe bunch of mumbo jumbo, as i hadn't read it all throughlink1