Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

A few questions

I posted this in the Configs & Scripting subforum, didn't get a reply; thought I might try posting in the more viewed Quesions & Answers subforum. I've also added an additional question. If anyone has an answer, possible answer, or explanation for any of these, please don't hesitate to throw it out there.

1. The flyInHeight script measures altitude above ground level; as a result, aircraft are constantly flying up and down when using this script on hilly/mountainous maps like Tanoa. I'm wondering if it's possible to have the flyInHeight script measure altitude above sea level instead? This would, of course, eliminate the issue and force aircraft to fly without constantly changing altitude for once.

2. The Arma 3 campaign – and several community scenarios, that I've noticed – use a script or something (I don't know what, but I assume it's a script) to make helicopters land quickly and smoothly. Examples are in the beginning of the campaign, when an MH-9 lands near Kerry, or in the Marksmen DLC showcase, when the PO-30 lands on two occasions to infil/exfil you, a Viper team sniper. How do I make helicopters land like this in a scenario I'm making?

Skip to 12:40 for an example of the helicopter landing I'm talking about.

3. Is there a way I can set a VTOL vehicle to vector or not vector? It's extremely annoying to spawn a Blackfish/Xi'an in the air and have them blasting at full speed with rotors at full tilt, when I'd like to have them perform hovering helicopter-like movement. There must be a way to enable/disable vectoring for a vehicle or something, limiting them to one or the other.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I will look into that one! I did some experimenting and setting a VTOL's speed to slow seems to put them in the vectored or non-vectored (whichever one it is, I forget) state, though if anyone knows anything more solid, I'd be happy to hear it. I'm going to try (using 3den Enhanced) to limit the VTOL's speed to like 100 km/h and see what effect that has.

While I'm not sure how the campaigns do it, a way to 'script' a certain flight path can be done using the unitCapture and unitPlay commands. This video has an example tutorial of it, made back in 2014 but afaik it can still be followed. Think of it as recording your Airwolf moves and then playing them back through the AI like your hot piloting mixtape.

• Like 1