Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Generik

5 Meter Render Distance (Plants popping in/out)

I'm having issues with the game rendering small plants and objects way, waaaay too close to me, so that it's not only noticeable but incredibly distracting.  In dense areas of grass it's not particularly noticable, but in the shrub heavy plains or in Tanoa's Jungle it's headache inducing (like a flickering light).  With no grass to cover it, it's popping in basic plants at about 10 meters, and then small plants and high-res textures at roughly 5.

I've only extensively tested this on Tanoa, but it also occurs on Altis and Stratis, all mods removed.

Big things (trees, houses, people, cars) all show up at the selected object distance.  I don't expect the small stuff to be all the way out there, too, but with my tall grass rendering at about 100-200m at least 25-50 would keep it from being so frustrating.

I've played with just about every video setting I can get my hands on, so is there something I'm missing?  Something a mod might have changed, or a specific setting to override the game on small plant rendering?

Graphics card is Geforce GTX 760

Processor is quad i5-4670k Intel

• Like 1

Likewise, nvidia here also.

Very annoying, been though the graphics settings and nothing will change it.

Can't adjust the foliage in MP so I look at the sky all the time. :D