Sign in to follow this  
lexx

vehicle shaking & ai behaviour

Sup people, got a question again.

For lolz and giggles and learning, I tried to port the bike from A2 into A3. It works - so far so good. Now I have two issues that puzzle me a little bit:

1. As soon as "the engine starts", the vehicle starts to shake. Is there any way to fix this? At least have the players vision not shake when being in first person, that would be nice.

2. The ai seems to be overcautious when approaching each other. First one drives good, then another one come from the front- both slow down so much that they almost stop moving. It's as if they believe their vehicle is much bigger than it actually is. Anyone can tell me how to get around this effectively?

That's it for now. Thanks in advance.

Nobody got any idea?

Nah, no video and on pictures you wouldn't see anything. It's simply as soon as you start moving, the bike is somewhat "jumping" which naturally makes the screen shake as well. It gets stronger the faster you move.

I've done nothing with the geometry LOD or anything- it's purely the model file from A2, and I've adjusted the config a lil bit to get it work well in A3 (with hands on the handlebar, etc).

/Edit: I just found this mod. It does pretty much the same-- and has exactly the same flaw. If you move, the screen the screen / bike shakes too much, which makes it very annoying to use in first person.

Heh it also has the same issue with the player being unable to "get in" again, if it falls on the side. I tried to workaround this with adding a custom script, but it's not that pretty to use.

/Edit2: Basically the problem is that the 1st person camera is completely fixed and moves with the movement of the vehicle, therefore every little bump translates into this "shaking" - what would be needed is a kind of tolerance setting, if such a thing exists.

Alright, I'll investigate further into this direction. Thanks for the reply.