Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Scenario not available in editor ?

Hi Folks,

Been a way for a bit - a bit rusty - rebuilt my machine and loaded ArmA - copied an old mission into the mission folder - it's available to play but I can't load it into the editor because it's not listed... Any ideas ? It's my own mission...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

It's most likely not listed because it was build on a different terrain. Eden only shows scenarios which were build on the same terrain as the one that is currently loaded.

Hi...

Thanks so much for the response - it's a big Alive scenario I built a year or so ago on one of the default terrains (Altis/Stratis) - I know ArmA has been updated since then - could that still be the cause ? Again - it does open when I just want to play it... I'm also using the 2D editor... When I select the appropriate terrain in the edior - then click open - there are no missions listed for it... Really - just trying to refresh my memory on how to setup Alive...

Regards,

Scott

Eden only shows scenarios which were build on the same terrain as the one that is currently loaded.

It'll show any scenarios that were built on terrains your game currently has loaded, not just ones on the currently active island in Eden.  So by default it'll show (assuming Apex) Altis, Stratis, Tanoa and VR missions but will not show missions you made on CUP terrains if that mod isn't currently loaded.

7rLthN8.jpg

Not shown is bakery.Sara a small mission set on Sahrani because I didn't load CUP before taking this image.

Also, god I hate that green. :P

Just slightly off topic, does arma actually load folders inside mission folder? I see you've got Guest and Uploaded there, never seen those. oh god folders actually work now what is this

Also, that green is amazing :P

By the way OP, did you make sure to copy the mission into the missions folder in Documents instead of missions folder in arma 3 directory? If it's available to play but not available to edit you may have just copied it to the wrong directory.

Hi Folks,

Really appreciate all the help... That last point may be my issue - I didn't realize there was a mission folder in the "documents" directory - I was only copying the file into the ArmA sub directories... I'll give it a shot... No biggie now - I pulled an all nighter and created a nice little RHS Alive Insurgency on Stratis - it's starting to come back to me now... Part of it was my first time use of Eden as well...

Thanks again...

Regards,

Scott