Sign in to follow this  
lawndartleo

Invade & Annex Tanoa: Apex Edition

Fiddling around today in the preview I came across an Invade and Annex mission on Tanoa with a good ping. What the heck, I'll join.  Wow!.  Most interesting update to I&A that I have never seen so it must be fresh off the presses for Apex.  Play for a bit, go to steam cache to check things out, find the mission and load it up.  No joy, doesnt work.  Ok, maybe it's dedicated only.  Fire up the spare box and host it on a dedicated.  Still doesn't work.

Are there mission formats that makers can use now that make missions vulture proof?  I'd love to host this one up for a smaller group as servers with 50+ people can get messy, uncoordinated and toxic when the trolls come out to play.  Doesn't seem that I can, though.  Perhaps some mission pro here can either explain what it takes to host up this game or if it is indeed a protected mission that I cannot do anything with except join the server it is "officially" hoosted on.

Note: it appears to be a new version of I&A for Tanoa by Quiksilver.  Not a modded version but something entirely new.  Mission PBO is very strange.  Has a description.ext and a mission.sqf but no init.sqf or the other files typically in a mission root.

​Note 2: Quiksilver himself confirmed that the mission is server locked for the moment  so this thread is dead.  Looking forward to playing Tanoa with Invade and Annex and many more.

About 2 months ago I started working on an Invade & Annex server on Tanoa. Now it's up, operational and featuring the latest version of the I&A mod.

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VolitionServers/comments/8b2nz7/invade_annex_server_on_tanoa/ 

Message me any time for questions!

Also, my server is featuring the latest mod by Quiksilver that you can find here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/212240-apex-framework/