Sign in to follow this  
dystopian

Edited mission.sqm

Arma 3 Editor Backup, revert function  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an Arma 3 Mission Editor backup/restore point system??

• Duh...
    • No, I r uber editor
    • How do I put down a unit?

Welp, I created this sweet ass mission on Tanoa and had it all hooked up proper with tons of triggers and AI spawning in to waypoints, the whole base set up with vehicle respawn etc...

And when I went to launch this morning to continue editing it stated that Blastcore_Veh was a requirement... so I thought to myself well... I thought that damn MOD was just clientside...

So I decided to open up the mission.sqm like the noob I am and just delete the text that stated, "Blastcore_Veh."  Beep, Boop, Phak Yew!!!!  It decided my mission was no longer in 

existence and there goes all those hours of building my mission... is there a safety revert, revive, undo function to go to a previously saved point NOPE.  FML.  

I tried to open the mission.sqm with the eliteness dpo tools an fix the "," but it still doesn't work now so what a waste of time.  Trouble shooting simulator man... I swear to god this game

is so frustrating trying to edit every time it messes up an I'm just like, "The hell with it."   

Add a poll option: "I'm a noob that decided to binarize my mission.sqm and then edit it with a text editor and then wonder why it didn't work"

Yeah I have to agree with Jackal here. It's very very easy to delete dependencies from mission.sqm's but you need to un-binarize them first.

Sorry you lost your mission man. I make missions too and I'd be gutted. But copy/paste is your best friend. Dropbox too if it means a lot to you.

• Like 1