Sign in to follow this  
masaker

Spectator view after dead is not working in new update

Greetings.

I have problem with spectator view in new ArmA 3 version (1.60). Before this patch every player witch died in MP became spectator. After this patch every player which die have camera looking to the ground and have no option to became spectator. Is there any option how to enable spectator in the missions?

I don't really know how to solve your problem here, although a server admin/dev might have the ability to turn this off for their server. Check to see if it is on multiple servers, even ones that you don't play on. Also, it may be because a common 3rd party script that servers commonly use is malfunctioning.

I just solve problem by creating script for mission 

SpectatorInit.sqf

_UnitList =  playableunits;
{
   _x addEventHandler ["Killed",{["Initialize", [(_this select 0), [], true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;}];
} forEach _UnitList;

And adding this line to init.sqf

[] spawn compile preprocessFile "SpectatorInit.sqf";

Problem is that. This solution work only for particular mission and I have hundreds missions on the server. I am looking for some global solution which would fix this problem without editing missions.

Check out while in Eden Editor for the mission, one of the bar Tabs, Attributes and there is I think it's called General and there is a drop down menu for respawn Options after you selected the Option where/when you want to respawn you can tick boxes for Options in case of a dead/respawn and there should be an Option for the spectator view.

I'll confirm once Im back home and can give you the correct click path for it.

Some functions are just put there to make it easier, then searching and writing through additional files.

Hope I could help

Retch