Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

Mod line order?

I have a question about the Mod line for servers.

Does the way the Mods load affect performance?

Example if I have -mod=@CBA_A3;@ace3;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@VSM_Gear_Pack_v1;

Does the order matter I was always under the impression that CBA always went first but does having the other Mods in a certain order affect the server performance?

I am adding a few Mods and was curious about this.

Diesel

In all honesty it won't affect performance majorly as mods are loaded as the server is initialized.

I tend to load cba first, then tfar, then all the large mods. But thats just habbit. And I also think its important to load dependencies before the other mod. 

If mods has their dependencies (requiredAddons) configured correctly, mod loading order doesn't matter.

I've only did a handful of performance tests when it comes to mod line order, and I get what I consider is standard deviation. We run a ~25gig modpack and load times would differ a maximum of 10 seconds and average FPS was +-1. This all tested on a windows dedicated server.

But, as (kind of) mentioned above ... if your mods aren't properly configured it's very important to load mods in the correct order :)

A good rule (not sure if this still applies in A3 but hey...) is:

CBA always first

Total conversion mods (ie ACE, RHS) next

AI mods and other non-content mods (ie: ASR_AI, weapon resting, etc) next

Content mods and maps last.