Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Game Updater do not allows switch between Stable and Dev [Tanoa]

I have used the "Game Updater" in order to test 1.60 RC on my "bench rig"

Now after Tanoa being added to 1.61, I was believing I can switch between Stable and Dev.

It's not working.

If I update dev version with Game Updater I am getting the "purchase APEX" message

If I switch to Dev the Steam way allowing beta, I can get Tanoa on Editor.

If I switch back, Apex is uninstalled by Steam, I have access to Stable but no more access to Tanoa in Dev

So I am back to pre-Game Updater situation.

If someone can explain what to do, I will be glad enough.

Edit : After uninstalling the Tools, clearing all Tools and Dev file and having done a registry cleaning I am unable to use Game Updater with some exotic Steam error message about insufficient privilege/ loss of Internet connection/ being connected elsewhere/ not enough disk space.

So I have erase the whole things again and I will wait for a working set.

I'm also getting 

If I update dev version with Game Updater I am getting the "purchase APEX" message

After 3 attempts, I am back to the old working method, downloading the full game each time I want to switch from Stable to Dev.

So as the tools are not working there, i help me to stay away from the temptation to go back to Terrain building with updated tools.

Now after I had downloaded Dev version a 4th time and set back to Stable, the thing is no more asking to puchase the DLC and it seems nice B)

But I am getting a new message :

"Please switch off the game until Steam downloads the DLC and start the game again"

Quousque tandem abutere, Steam, patientia nostra?

Now after I had downloaded Dev version a 4th time and set back to Stable, the thing is no more asking to puchase the DLC and it seems nice B)

But I am getting a new message :

"Please switch off the game until Steam downloads the DLC and start the game again"

Quousque tandem abutere, Steam, patientia nostra?

Confirmed ,by using steamcmd.