Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Did anything change with AI detection at night (RC 1.60)?

So I was messing around with a mission I've been working on with a faction I've used for exclusively the last month (Massi's Takistani Insurgents HD). So tonight I noticed when it's pitch black, when the units go into combat pace or prone, I can literally walk right on top of them and sometimes they don't detect me.

I've never seen anything like this before. I didn't see anything in the release notes about AI and detection at night. Has something changed recently?

Even when the AI are in normal patrol, it's like 50/50 they can see me at all. I've yet to try to duplicate this with vanilla or factions with NVG's (these units like typical "insurgents" don't have night vision capabilities), but the detection seems different and obviously undesireable if I can literally walk into them and sometimes they can't detect me.

Has anyone seen anything like this recently?

Thanks. I'll have to do some more digging.

In a few instances testing this I was literally bumping into the enemy to try and coax him into shooting me trying to figure out what was going on.

Now, they do engage me. For instance, when I was camped under a street lamp. But when there are no light sources, their detection is practically zero.

I'll try a different faction later to see if I can repro.

Here's a quote from Massi saying his units use vanilla detection values:

Hi thanks for reporting , but unfortunately I don't have any idea on what could cause it, in fact the units inherit their skills from BI units classes, the only things I changed is the Ai dispersion value, but on the weapons not the units, sorry.

Regards

massi

I'll mess around with vanilla CSAT w/o NVG's and see if I can duplicate it.