Sign in to follow this  
Gridmaster

Building buildings

Hi all,

i am working on a building which you can see here:

http://www.morna-moruna.de/gridmaster/index2.html

its on german but there are screenshots. i will release it in about one week if i have fixed the problems then.

and my problems are:

1. i walk through the walls?

2. how can i create transparent textures for OFP?

3. how to combine two different objects (imported from .3ds) into one?

4. how to make a plane fitting to the ground? (just like the streets in OFP)

5. where to get a tutorial for creating doors?

6. is it possible to make a place to sit for the soldiers in a walkable house? so that they can sit on the couch or whatever...

you would help me a lot to finish my work.

Ill try to answer some of the questions:

1. That has to be sorted in the Geometry LOD, you have to put solid structures where walls are.

2. In photoshot make a new document lets say 256x256 pixels. Go to channels tab and make a new channel it should be called Alpha. The transparacy depends on the shade of colour. now in that channel paintbrush the whole picture middle gray ( if you leave it blank there will be no texture, white - it will be solid, anything in between (gray) will be more transparent the darker it gets). Then save the doc as a TGA with 32 bit depth. Load it in to O2 !

3.Why???

4.The base should be on the X axis in Front view.

5.Dunno try experiment urself, it would take too long to explain. I had a tutorial in the Oxygen FAQ board but strangely it dissapeared.

6.Yes, but i dunno how smile.gif

1. i have tried to build a box below the first floor in the geometryLOD. from the very left of the building to the very right. excluding the front with the veranda so the player will clip when walking from back into house or fromt front under the windows. afterwards i made structure>>topology>>find components. but it didn't work yet.

2. alright. the possybility of shootin through the textured face is controlled by FireLOD i guess. tried to in PS: Indexed colors >> Channels>>New CHannel Name:Alpha1 >> Select All >>Fill with white. but oxygen says that it cannot convert the 32bitTGA to *.paa!

3. just for better workin

4.i put it there but if the terrain on an island is not plane the textures flicker.

5. ok i will try my best

6. ok just wanted to know if it'll work, so i will take zwadars bank as example smile.gif

4- He means that he wants to make a road. like the roads in OFP..how they take the form of the ground beneath. thats what he means. Is it possible? yes we have done it. how? i dont know..ill ask my scripter.

cheers

thx a lot.. u understood me  biggrin.gif nice one. my english is still not the best (instead of 9P in school)

so pls ask your scripters cause i need to know how that function works. as you may have seen on the screens above i have parking lot in the front left corner of the building. i built it plane and maybe 1pt above the x-axis. so it doesnt touch the ground. But now it only works on Desert Island where the land is flat sad.gif

finally i got to the solution for the GeoLOD probs myself.

so only question 4 stays unanswered.

whats up? thought you'll ask your scripters? this is still the last problem. so please help me

so ive started my second building. as you may have recongnized on the screens my first building hasn't got a shadow. now look at this:

shadowmiss.jpg

my second building (a warehouse) has a shadow!!! but why? didnt made anything different than in the first one. please help me.

Your second building's (only) resolution LOD has less than 300 faces. Or is it vertices? Ask Kegetys. Go on, pester him.

Prospero

evis also told me this but the LOD has about 590 faces and 310 vertices. so this cant be the solution. he also told me about the shadowLOD. But in my O˛Light i dont have anything like that. But i suppose that it is the View Geometry LOD that i need to create to get a shadow. right?

But how can i create my buliding in WrpEdit without some import object problems ?