pierremgi

Question... or may be bug: EAST playable units can respawn on WEST module

Hi,

I just remarked that a EAST playable unit can respawn on the WEST module position. And, aftermath of that, you can see endless respawn/ fight on this position between opposite units.

Steps to reproduce in 3DEN:

Place a player, civilian or captive or invincible... but this may impact on the respawn behavior! (see below)

Place one unit BLUFOR and one unit OPFOR, at least, in sight of each other(s), let's say distance 50m between the sides.

Place a module: respawn Position, variable name: respawn_west, parameters: Infantry, BLUFOR, everyone, enabled. Between the 2 sides.

optional?: place 2 logic entities: sideBlufor_F and a sideOPFOR_F . That doesn' seem to change anything here.

Now, there are at least 2 possibilities to play this scenario, but weird things start here:

1- let the scenario in mission folder (not the MP folder) or just play that directly from 3DEN, but in MP session of course:

1.1 - if you are a "true side" civilian (faction CIV_F) , you will see BLUFOR and OPFOR respawning at their respective positions;

1.2 - if you are a BLUFOR captive (so civilian sided), you will see BLUFOR and OPFOR respawning at the module position.

1.3 - if you add a respawn_east module, nobody cares of it!

Now, let's save this mission in MP folder, exit 3DEN, start multiplayer session, choose the mission (in green text normally):

2 - respawn feature is broken for everyone.

I don't know what I missed but all these behaviors are repeatable and.. at least very strange.

No mod added.

Description.ext // not optimized, it was just for a test, some lines are useless here

//________________________________________________

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 3;
respawnDialog = 1;
enableDebugConsole = 2;

respawnTemplates[]= {"Counter","Menuposition","revive"};
respawnonstart = -1;

taskManagement_markers2D = 1;
taskManagement_propagate = 1;

disableRandomization[] = {"All"};

corpseManagerMode = 1;
corpseLimit = 20;
corpseRemovalMinTime = 360;
corpseRemovalMaxTime = 900;

wreckManagerMode = 1;
wreckLimit = 5;
wreckRemovalMinTime = 360;
wreckRemovalMaxTime = 900;

//______________________________________________

You can speed up the process with respawnDelay to 0

heh...i just got a kind of the same bug.
i enter as BLU and i got GREEN respawn points! and i'm considered GREEN to capture a sector. nosense at all :(