Sign in to follow this  
Victim_913

What am I doing wrong? Jbad

I've followed instructions that I found in numerous posts about getting jbad buildings into terrain builder. The problem is that every different way I try, I only get untextured buildings. Just white and black.

When I create library I check off the two boxes "create new library from directory" and  "include subdirectories". it says the source directory is:

P:\jbad\Jbad_Structures

I also tried:

P:\jbad

I have unpbo'd all the pbos from that mod. I created a folder in P; that I named jbad, and put all pbos there. I used bankrev for unpbo.

What am I doing wrong? thanks

should look something like this:-

p:\Jbad_Structures\afghan_houses\*.p3d

p:\Jbad_Structures\afghan_house_a\xx\*.p3d

Etc....

Just make sure when you unpack then you keep the folders as is  i use PBOManager 

It is just not picking up the correct location for the .p3d that why it is black / white

Not always, sometimes buildings have no textures because they are missing dependencies, happens a lot with A2 or ported assets just because you need CA stuff (textures, surfaces etc...).

But with JBAD you just have to unpack as 1para{god-father} said.

For future reference if you need to know what is the right folder path just open the pbo config.cpp and find a line that refers to a model path.

I think I'm doing it very wrong then. Am I supposed to import each building? I assumed I picked the folder and everything in that folder gets added to the library. That has been the method I used when I created library from a3.

If I have to single out everything then I'm in trouble.

Your folder structure should look like this (Work Drive root):

Jbad.png?raw=1

Most of the time its just a matter of unpacking and leave it as it is in the P root, but sometimes its a bit more "tricky".

A good way to know exactly how it should be is to have a look into the config.

Example:

Go to Jbad_Structures\afghan_house_a\A_Villa\

Unbin config.bin (using Arma UnBin) then you come up with  a .cpp file.

Open it with your favorite text editor (one with syntax highlighting is better), let's have a look at one of the asset (doesn't matter which one):

class Land_Jbad_A_Villa // line 20
What is interesting here is the model path:

model = "\Jbad_Structures\afghan_house_a\A_Villa\Jbad_A_Villa.p3d";
So the root of your P drive should be the following:

P:\Jbad_Structures

• Like 1

Thanks. That last reply jarred something loose in my head. When I first searched, I ran into a couple threads about different addons where the folder name kept changing. It lead me to think that the initial folder inside p: could have any name. When I started doing it correctly I noticed that the "jbad structures" didn't work because I didn't have it as the correct name "jbad_structures". Seeing that I did everything in the last reply, that was the only difference.

Thank you. So it also got mgb kill houses working too by looking in the .CPP as in last reply.

• Like 1

I have a new question, if anyone checks this. The map I am making is kind of an extension of Proving Grounds map. I have been trying to get the trees from the pmc dlc but I have not had success. One tree is white (no texture) while the branches are fine. I'm sure the branches are using a texture already in the game but not the rest. I really need those trees. A3 trees aren't the right look.

I noticed that there is no config.bin in the pmc.

I have used the plants_pmc from the A2 common folder. I also tried the ones from the data packages and tried the ones from AIA. They seem to be all the same. Without a config to check, I checked the rvmat on some of the textures. I have them in a ca folder, then plant_pmc, etc. Just like those rvmats say. However, the rvmats have 2 textures. One points to ca/plants_pmc but the other points to ca/plants_e/... So in the ca folder in the p drive, I also placed the plants_e. I also tried creating a library for the plants_e too but both end up the same.

Any idea how I can get those couple trees?

Thanks