Sign in to follow this  
syco

I'm i the only "yank" here?

I see a lot of foreign flags around here. Where's everyone else at?

I'm in Miami, Florida

I hope THIS thread doesn't offend anyone's 'delicate skin' so it doesn't get locked like every other post I've written...we'll see!

This has been done like a million times before ... I am afraid that this is going to be another of those posts which get locked up biggrin.gif

Ps. I'm from Finland

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Oct. 26 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This has been done like a million times before ... I am afraid that this is going to be another of those posts which get locked up biggrin.gif

Ps. I'm from Finland<span id='postcolor'>

Has it really? Hmm....oh well, thanks brother.

Moderator Gods, go ahead and do your thing

this forum is up since ... let's say 1 year , do you really think syco that this question hasn't been brought up before ??

ok , now the semptiternal answer : why don't you try the search function ?

-edit- albert , watch your words next time tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 26 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will I be the last one to visit this exquisite thread before it gets locked. Damn I am something special, finally<span id='postcolor'>

I think the moderator that closes it usually has the last post.

Some of you need to CHILL OUT with the new guys!!! Tell me "Lord Run,Ran", did YOU start out knowing everything?? I didn't think so.  Give me a break will you?! I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!! I would NOT have posted this thread and put up with idiotic holier-than-thou answers like yours had I actually FOUND anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok , gimme 5 minutes and i find you three different threads about the subject

and also , learn how to make quotes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 26 2002,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok , gimme 5 minutes and i find you three different threads about the subject<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I would hope someone with 2000+ posts WOULD know how to use the SEARCH function a little better, (ie which words to type, etc), than someone with only 78 posts. Finally, a little help (sarcastic, but nonetheless, help).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 26 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and also , learn how to make quotes<span id='postcolor'>

Huh??

No, no need to look it up. I can tell ya in general: First of all we got quite a lot from scandic nations. I guess around three of them.

THen we have a few germans here, also around 3-5 of them (some come back once in a year)

We got a frenchy, a spanish eeeeee, some from the eastern block, one from Belgium. Quite a lot from the US, and finally some moderators from hell!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 26 2002,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok , gimme 5 minutes and i find you three different threads about the subject<span id='postcolor'>

Hey Run, your time is up!!!! Where are the three threads you boasted about getting in 5 minutes??? I'd still like to know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 26 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, no need to look it up. I can tell ya in general: First of all we got quite a lot from scandic nations. I guess around three of them.

THen we have a few germans here, also around 3-5 of them (some come back once in a year)

We got a frenchy, a spanish eeeeee, some from the eastern block, one from Belgium. Quite a lot from the US, and finally some moderators from hell!<span id='postcolor'>

Absolutely THE BEST answer I've received ALL DAY. Maybe if folks around here took the time to answer like Albert, there wouldn't be threads with stupid responses from those that feel the need to express their "seniority" around here to the 'new' guys.

All I asked was a simple INNOCENT question, and look how much BULL was put on this thread!!!

Again, my sincere THANKS to cam0flage and Albert Shweitzer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 26 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">was too lazy to find the other three smile.gif

but this one speaks for itself , i tried to find the oldest one possible so that way you can see that you aren't the frist , far from that<span id='postcolor'>

I NEVER said I was the FIRST to post this, nor did I pretend to have the cosmic dilusion that I had come up with some super thread....I honestly just wanted to know where everyone was from, WITHOUT starting World War III. Sheesh!

lol, ran you reference-poll is locked so the ones that did not vote (and I  may assume that this is the case with syco since he is new) cannot see the results  tounge.gif Alors, c'est quoi ca ce connerie!  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 26 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cross atlantic ratio US Euros Thread (but not a poll)

Where are you from thread (locked so cant see result)

what country are you from (locked quicker than then a cell)

Actually they are all pretty useless<span id='postcolor'>

thx albert ....

great fun actually to watch the search engine's resulsts and to navigate in the old pages ....... aaahhhh i remember the great time where this forum was almost un-moderated ..... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 26 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cross atlantic ratio US Euros Thread (but not a poll)

Where are you from thread (locked so cant see result)

what country are you from (locked quicker than then a cell)

Actually they are all pretty useless<span id='postcolor'>

I don't get it around here..... Everything gets locked! Why is this done? Why NOT give people the option to post freely (so long as NO bad words, racist remarks, etc are used)? Why this overwhelming need to LOCK threads that are provacative (I see now that sometimes they don't EVEN have to be provacative nor controversial to be locked). Why is this??? Is this NOT the OFF TOPIC forum? Where am I? Is this Cuba? Can I not speak freely without fear of being 'locked up'??

Thanks again Albert

I guess for several reason. Reason one is you attract quite a lot of morons and spammers if you give the posters free hand. Secondly you dirty up the forum since there will be hundreds of threads but only few responses and then it takes a while to search before you find what you are looking for. And finally, the most important argument: you direct the members to the places that promise a good discussion. You force them to participate in very few threads and therefore get many posts and a vivid discussion. Look at the Stunt thread, the middle East thread or the other threads that are composed of many pages (actually worth reading). And you will find only little spam there.

Less is more (I mean restrictions) is not always true. We know that here for a long time, the US-stockmarket only knows that since ENRON

I'm from Maryland, US. We are known for our seafood. Most notably, crabs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Oct. 26 2002,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm from Maryland, US.  We are known for our seafood.  Most notably, crabs.<span id='postcolor'>

I lived in Frederick for 2 years and was a fireman in Montgomery County (sniper country) for 3 years.

Thanks Icefire

Albert thanks for the explanation. I'm a little more educated now that someone ANYONE, has taken the time to explain thinga like thatr. Perhaps a newbie section where new guys like me are FREE to post newbie questions AND be schooled on topics and questions like this by more experienced board users WITHOUT fear of being 'ridiculed' by others. Thanks