hoverguy

Function not called (line is "ignored")

Hi everyone,

I am having troubles trying to call a function on the server (either dedicated or local host)

Here is what I have (mock-up):

initServer.sqf

[] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\HG_Server\Core\Setup\serverInitialization.sqf";

serverInitialization.sqf

// lines of code

/* Database Initialization */
[] call SETUP_fnc_initExtDB;
/* -------------------- */

/* Reset Character State */
["resetCharState",1] call HG_fnc_handleQuery; // <- THIS LINE IS NOT EVEN CALLED
/* -------------------- */

// lines of code

Every line of code with HG_fnc_handleQuery in it is "ignored"... (in other functions too)...

Before you ask:

- HG_fnc_handleQuery is defined on the server (in addon -> config.cpp -> CfgFunctions) and is always called by the server

- If I try the mission as a local host or on dedicated -> can't call the function, even in debug console

- If I use the function ALONE outside of the mission and call it -> works and a value is returned as expected

- There is no suspension of any kind inside the function (otherwise "suspending not allowed in this context" would be thrown in RPT) which is weird because if I spawn it, it works but this is not a solution to me when I want a return value

- If I do

hint str HG_fnc_handleQuery

I can see that the function is defined correctly

I also tried this:

private["_query","_queryResult"];
_query = format["pInfosRequest",(getPlayerUID player)];
diag_log format["QUERY IS %1",_query];
_queryResult = [_query,2] call HG_fnc_handleQuery;
diag_log format["QUERY RESULT IS %1",_queryResult];

RPT:

QUERY IS pInfosRequest:454545445
QUERY RESULT IS <null>
And of course the famous error shows up -> 
Error Undefined variable in expression: _queryresult

Any clues guys?

EDIT: Fixed, was missing closing curly bracket... was not even mentioned in RPT...

Can you post how you defined the function? Like post your description.ext or config

Sure here it goes:

class CfgFunctions
{
    class Setup
    {
        tag = "SETUP";

class SSetup
        {
            file = "\HG_Server\Core\Setup";
            class initExtDB {};
            // other functions
        };
    };

class Database
    {
        tag = "HG";

class SDatabase
        {
            file = "\HG_Server\Core\Database";
            class handleQuery {};
            // other functions
        };
    };
};

OK, you need to redefine how those are for it to work. I can write code at the moment very easily as I'm on my phone, so I will do my best explaining it.

In cfgfunctions, the first class you define is going to be the first portion in your function call. IE, if you want HG_fnc_handleQuery, your first class will be class HG. Next class is orgazational from what I can tell. Simply using class functions is fine. Then you need a final class. This is your function name. So for your query, it should be class handleQuery. So you should have some thing like

Class cfgfunctions {

Class HG {

Class functions {

Class handleQuery {

file="file path";

};

};

};

};

OK, you need to redefine how those are for it to work. I can write code at the moment very easily as I'm on my phone, so I will do my best explaining it.

In cfgfunctions, the first class you define is going to be the first portion in your function call. IE, if you want HG_fnc_handleQuery, your first class will be class HG. Next class is orgazational from what I can tell. Simply using class functions is fine. Then you need a final class. This is your function name. So for your query, it should be class handleQuery. So you should have some thing like

Class cfgfunctions {

Class HG {

Class functions {

Class handleQuery {

file="file path";

};

};

};

};

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but the way I define functions classes/subclasses in CfgFunctions is correct because the tag tokken "replaces" current parent class name (more of a macro/reference than a replacement).

Doesn't hurt to try it that way. Never know when a certain method is incompatible in certain circumstances. Also, usually I find that you need to define the file with its extension (IE .sqf). Could try that as well.

Also, is add-on that has the script on all clients or only server? If it's only server, clients would be unable to call the function as its undefined for them.