Sign in to follow this  
freegoon

Bug? Can't exit the game after crashing a drone in 3D editor

I recently started playing with the 3D editor and think that I stumbled on a bug. I guess this must be the right place to post this since the bug tracker is still offline.

Placing a drone (without a player character to control it) in the 3D editor and then right-clicking it and selecting the "play as character" option has an interesting effect for me. When I crash the created drone, no game over screen appears. Instead, the screen becomes blurry. The menu where you can restart or return to the editor is missing. Pressing escape doesn't help. I cannot go back to the editor or close the game because the menu interface is gone. This does not happen with drones that are controlled via a drone terminal by a character. I tried this with the MQ4A Greyhawk and AR-2 Darter drones.

Edit: Nevermind, I am pretty sure I found the reason behind this. Using the regular 2D editor you cannot make the "autonomous" class of vehicles player characters. They are obviously not meant to be directly player controlled, therefore the "play as

character" option does not work properly in 3D editor. I guess I will report this using the bug tracker when it is up again.

This is what it looked like when I crashed the drone. I had to close the game manually:

B48C1F76440CDBBC03DB0FD1046DC8DBE24F2AED